• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Conversion

baseballneal86

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I am new here so take it easy on me. I recently bought a 95 Cherokee Sport with 90,000 miles for $900 at my local police salvage auction.

It is in good condition overall, although it was involved in a head on collision and the radiator, lower radiator support, and basically everything between the headlights needs to be replaced. Does anybody know a good place to get cheap replacement parts?

Also I have a few questions concerning my new Jeep. First, it has an automatic transmission and it can be shifted into all gears without having to push the little button on the side, even with no keys in the ignition. Is this normal?

Second, there is a very large rust hole in the passenger side floor board. What would be the best solution to this. My dad has 2 welders and a plasma torch so fabrication is not a problem. I want to fix this right the first time.

Finally, the A/C and heat controls don't light up when the headlight turn on. Is this normal? And is it possible to convert my 95 dash/gauges to the newer 97-01?

Thanks a lot! -Neal

Im sure you can find all that stuff for the front in your local freindly salvage yard for cheap, As far as the A/C control illumination, its one little light bulb that lights the whole thing up. You remove the dash bezel, and then remove the A/C controls and its located behind the front of that unit. Really easy. As far as putting in the newer style dash, all the connectors are different, so you'll end up wirining it yourself, It can be done. I had a freind in high school that took a tottaled 99 and put its innards in a really clean 88. Hope this helps,

Ecarlcl

Back