• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest in NAXJA Beanies and Sweatshirts?

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed that there seemed to be a growing demand for NAXJA apparel so I'm testing the waters to find interest here. I sent out a logo to some embroidery co.'s to get quotes on cost. I now have all the info and have found the best prices. I don't have $$$ to buy all of them up front so payment and shipping will have to be figured out later. I simply want to know if there is enough interest to move forward on this. i'm going with black for the beanies and sweatshirts because most people will and can wear black with most anything. I will post the logo first then add the prices to a second post:

logo1.jpg

Here is the pricing. There is only one option for the beanie and 3 options for the sweatshirts. We need to order 40 beanies to get the quoted price. We also need to order 40 sweatshirts of any combination of the 3 options. All prices include tax.

Black embroidered "skull cap" beanie: $7.50 -"skull cap" simply means your standard beanie without the fold up rim/lip around the edge

Black Midweight (7.75 oz. 50/50 cotton-polyester blend) Pullover Hoodie: $23

Black Midweight (7.75oz 50/50 cotton-polyester blend) Zip-Up Hoodie: $26

Black Heavyweight (10oz. 50/50 cotton-polyester blend) Zip-UP Hoodie: $31

The Super Heavyweight 12oz with fleece liner got up over $50 and that seemed a little ridiculous. They are also 100% cotton which means shrinking and fading. Those also had to be a seperate order of at least 40 so I'm pretty sure that option is out.

All quotes I got (including this co.) charged extra for XXL and XXXL. This co. is +$2 for XXL and +$3 for XXXL. Sorry about that.

MY REQUEST:

I need accurate numbers to move forward, so please only show interest if you are very serious about purchasing one or more items. Please just post up what items you would like and how many. I'm not looking for a debate on colors or options. If you want to share your opinion on that then please do so on the thread Josh(djblade) started called " NAXJA and Chapter Hoodies, T-Shirts, Boxers Available". I will total it all up after a few days and see where we are at. If the numbers work then we can go ahead and set up a payment and shipping system.

Last edited:
Just a little bit of advice, on an embroidered design that drop shadow isn't going to read the same, its just going to be another line around the edge - even if it is a darker value than the main part of the logo. the reason is with the embroidery all of it is going to be raised off of the surface. Take it how you will that's just my advice.

I would take a Black Midweight (7.75oz 50/50 cotton-polyester blend) Zip-Up Hoodie: $26

What kind of time frame are you looking at?

I would go with a beanie or 2
and 2 heavyweight zip-up (M an XL)

Just a little bit of advice, on an embroidered design that drop shadow isn't going to read the same, its just going to be another line around the edge - even if it is a darker value than the main part of the logo. the reason is with the embroidery all of it is going to be raised off of the surface. Take it how you will that's just my advice.

No worries. I know the drop shadow will not work. It was part of the font I used. I told the embroidery places that I wanted the red and white text without the shadow. Just ignore the shadow because it will not be in the embroidery.

I would take a Black Midweight (7.75oz 50/50 cotton-polyester blend) Zip-Up Hoodie: $26

What kind of time frame are you looking at?

The hoodies and zip up will have a left side chest embroidery and the beanie will have a 1 1/2" x 4" middle forehead embroidery. Those are rather standard on all quotes I got.

I wasn't expecting a huge response for a large order. Brad, i was suggesting that if you personally wanted an item before christmas, to work with your existing vendor rather than a group buy. If everyone can wait until January, I will get quotes from our official vendor who has supplied us with good quality shirts, the HD fleece jackets and items and we can take care of all the pre-ordering, purchasing, shipping, shopping cart stuff.

I wasn't expecting a huge response for a large order. Brad, i was suggesting that if you personally wanted an item before christmas, to work with your existing vendor rather than a group buy. If everyone can wait until January, I will get quotes from our official vendor who has supplied us with good quality shirts, the HD fleece jackets and items and we can take care of all the pre-ordering, purchasing, shipping, shopping cart stuff.

I guess I misunderstood. Let's just see how this plays out. I havn't ordered anything yet so we can pull the plug if need be, but there may be the demand their for a large buy. I will give it until Sunday evening to see if the numbers work. If not, then we can just wait until January. If there is some other issue that I am simply unaware please PM what the problem is.

For my order if we do this would be 2 beanies and 1 XL medium weight zip up hoodie and 1 XL heavy wieght zip up hoodie.

I was thinking that there is a large group of you that are very private and simply like to browse the site but not post on here. Makes since due to all the recent man drama. If that is your style and you just don't like your comments on a public forum then just shoot me a PM on what you would like. I really want to get some accurate numbers here on the demand for beanies and sweatshirts.

Okay, just to be the jerk of the group...

Are you charging the actual cost? If not where is the extra going? Personally if I'm going to buy a SoCal NAXJA shirt/jacket/thong I'd like the profit to go to the chapter (then filtering to land use and stuff).

Also I'm a litlte concerned that it isn't the exact NAXJA logo. I'm not sure if you're using Tahoma or not (haven't looked that closely) but it's bolder than the actual logo. Yeah I'm a bit of a stickler for details but whatever, I have a reputation to uphold :D

The Chapter is likely to do more runs, it's just very doubtful that they'll ahve the time before the end of year to do it, life and all you know?

Back