• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing leaf springs

Yeah, my shackle/eyebolt number was bad. I was thinking an assembly without the self-locking drag of the threads. I typically go until the bolt/nut makes contact with the surface and then another 1/4 turn. Since it's all self-locking, as long as you're somewhere in the flush/snug range it should be okay.

Well I just got them installed, and all is great. Everything went smooth and no breakage. Fallowed everything you said Fubad XJ. Dropped the axle. unbolted the ubolts. had to take a grinder and cut them off once I got them up aways b/c they wouldent come off easy. Unbolted the sway bar and chucked it into the driveway , no more sway bar :party:. Unbolted the leafs, front and rear. had to drillout the hole a little bit so the new center pins would fit. Bolts new shackles to new leafs. Centered them, ubolted them down. Bolted the front in. Made the misstake of not having the shackle flipped up, so had to unbolt them and repeat but that was fine. Bolted them up. Moved to the pass side and everything thing went twice as easy. Torqued them all to what you guys said. Threw the tires back on the dropped her down. Went for a drive, and what a difference it is. Its such a softer ride and not so rough. I can tell I dont have a rear sway bar b/c I get a little bit of body role, but its fine with me. Wating till I eat lunch then going to go flex her out and see how she does. Thanks for all the info guys. You made this project twice as easy

Last edited:
Back