• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing HD SYE with double cardan drive shaft: any tips/tricks?

Just buttoned everything up. Only leak I had was from the speedo sensor; I tightened the half inch bolt and we were good to go. No vibes. Smoooooth. Thanks all for the helpful hints and words of wisdom.

Just buttoned everything up. Only leak I had was from the speedo sensor; I tightened the half inch bolt and we were good to go. No vibes. Smoooooth. Thanks all for the helpful hints and words of wisdom.

Good job!

Newbie question here....
How do you know the length of the drive shaft before you install the SYE?

its pretty easy to figure it out, start off with a $50 front oem shaft and go from there. Hell, you may even just decide to stick with that!!

lol it works!! spares are cheap. ZJ variations have longer lengths but most people will do fine with a plain 4.0 auto, np231 front shaft. If you are 6.5"+ consider the ZJ variation that is 2-3 inches longer

I'm guessing the guy at Tom Woods knew the length of the Advanced Adaptors SYE output shaft, figured in the length of my drive shaft and went from there. My OE driveshaft with my 3.5-4 inch OME lift was long enough but the angle of the u-joint was bad enough to give out a nice and loud growl at speeds above 35 mph. No vibes or noises now. I should have put the shafts side by side and measured before I installed it. It's probably the same length but the double joints at the t-case and the 6 degree shims under the leafs create the correct angle.

there is an excellent thread floating around somewhere with a chart that lists all of the oem driveshaft (front&rear) lengths and the type of joints used (double, etc..)

Back