• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing engine belt

make sure you have insurance on it before using that option

Gatorback belt is prolly the hardest belt I have ever done in my life. I switched from a dayco to the gatorback and i`m out here sweating and grunting. Not very fun :(

just as an update...... as the aforementioned process is grueling, I got mine on by physically turning the water pump pulley and in turn, turning the whole driveline;(dampner, fan, alt etc) and it popped on. By far the hardest belt I have ever done in my life..

But on start up zero squealing :)

that was the route I was leaning as that's what i did with my other Xj but Art had a belt that "fit" easier and went with that for the time being

This is one of those "never assume anything" times.

Never assume the manufacturer didn't mislabel the belts.

Never assume some parts counter monkey didn't switch the packaging.

H8PVMT--got that thing on the road yet?

I agree^ I was super pissed off when I thought the belt was an inch short, but when I held it up against the autozone "dayco" belt it was spot on. The gatorbacks extra thickness really adds up when it comes to installing that belt.

This is one of those "never assume anything" times.

Never assume the manufacturer didn't mislabel the belts.

Never assume some parts counter monkey didn't switch the packaging.

H8PVMT--got that thing on the road yet?

yeah, drove it home after the hail/snow stopped coming down on monday...just the scenerio I wanted with questionable brakes (was at the top of a steep hill ending at a highway intersection). Still need a new pan for the aw4 and the rear brakes are clicking, and D gear is slipping, gonna check to see if i can manually shift since I hate autos anyways

doug

Back