• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing a windshield...

SuperSport88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just found a windshield for my 88XJ, I really didn't want to blow 250 on a new one since I have other issues with my rig. So after about a week of solid searching I found one for 75$, delivered. Now, how do I go about installing this badboy? I know it's a 2 man job but beyond that I haven't a clue. I'd much rather do it myself than have someone come by to do it for me. Anyone done this before and can help me out?

I haven't tried it, but have been told by many that have to have a pro do it. It will only take them a portion of the time it will take you and they should guarentee (sp) against any leaks.
Good Luck!

i just had my windshield replaced....bought one at the junkyard for 60 bucks and brought it to a jnphillips auto glass (paid the guy 80 bucks cash for him to install it) i figure that is pretty decent considering im told everyone breaks the thing when they try to do it themselves

be careful with older glass. they tend to become fragile and brittle after a while.

Check around. Here I can get an XJ windshield for around $150 installed.

Back