• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed my long arms

xjrrrdx said:
Its a rockkrawler bushing/joint. It looks just like a superflex joint but supposedly it is more forgiving.

Tomorrow ill get that LCA bracket for you

Those 4 bolts are what is holding it together? Any interference from the bolts on the arm bracket? Is the UCA bushing greasable? What about the joints in the lowers?

-Mike

xjrrdx.... its safe to say that you are my hero. im ordering my long arms asap. but your jeep seems really big for having 3.5 coild and spacers and 3inch packs with shackles. but i like it alot

i meant it sucks that you have to take off the rock rail. I never even thought about the upper control arm bracket interfering with the rockrail mount.

I am buying these long arms so i guess i will have to figure out some way of getting around the problem.

im gonna probably re weld mine and make a rockrail/ uca mount plate into one solid plate!

Last edited:
GirlScout1 said:
I almost ran into the same problem. I put off finishing my rails until I had my long arms on.

-b

Or you could have just welded the upper mount to the frame rail instead of using the bolts. Just a thought.

-Mike

SourApple said:
xjrrdx.... its safe to say that you are my hero. im ordering my long arms asap. but your jeep seems really big for having 3.5 coild and spacers and 3inch packs with shackles. but i like it alot

he's got zj coils which are actually an inch bigger on the xj so it would probably net 4.5" plus the spacer...

looking good my man glad to see you finally got those babies on. You got the color jeep that i wanted im jealous hahaha

Like i said on jf, if anyone is interested in the deal with gave the op, we are still honoring it, pm me for details.

xjrrrdx im going to take some of these pics off of naxja and post them up on the webpage

Matt

As far as the four bolts interfering with the UCA mount, they cleared it barely. I think its going to take a lot of force in order to move that bracket. But as Matt said in a PM, do yourself a favor and get yourself a right angle drill. A normal drill can drill through the frame rail but once you get to the other side it will be hard to get a straight hole.

Tomorrow im going to a buddies house to move the mount on my rockrail over and re-weld it. I really need to learn how to do it haha.

So from what I gather im near 6.5" so good to know. Now I just need to hit a trail.

I have AJs rails so tomorrow hopefully I will have the relocated mount and all that. As far as that goes, can I reuse self tappers on the same hole? or will I need to do something different?

xjrrrdx said:
As far as the four bolts interfering with the UCA mount, they cleared it barely. I think its going to take a lot of force in order to move that bracket. But as Matt said in a PM, do yourself a favor and get yourself a right angle drill. A normal drill can drill through the frame rail but once you get to the other side it will be hard to get a straight hole.

Tomorrow im going to a buddies house to move the mount on my rockrail over and re-weld it. I really need to learn how to do it haha.

So from what I gather im near 6.5" so good to know. Now I just need to hit a trail.

I have AJs rails so tomorrow hopefully I will have the relocated mount and all that. As far as that goes, can I reuse self tappers on the same hole? or will I need to do something different?

so you mean they cleared it barely? So why are you re-doing it

Oh I thought you were talking about the little UCA bushing, the bolts are almost too long for the bushing to where it almost touches the arm. But what I am redoing is my rock rail mount it sits on top and hangs over a bit on the bracket.

rangerjoe2001 said:
so you mean they cleared it barely? So why are you re-doing it

The 4 bolts holding the UCA at the axle together......................

LA.jpg

LA2.jpg

-Mike

mgfabpd said:
I want that joint for the upper arm mount on the axle, and I cant find it on their site, do you have a part # that I could search for, or a link to the page?

If yoru only looking for that joint in the housing and or the the other axle end in a orbital eye type, GO to the Currie site. They offer one or both. On thier site its both for like 125ish I think? But they use a Johnny joint which (sorry not trying to bash but honestly) I would trust more.

xjrrrdx said:
Oh I thought you were talking about the little UCA bushing, the bolts are almost too long for the bushing to where it almost touches the arm. But what I am redoing is my rock rail mount it sits on top and hangs over a bit on the bracket.

well will you take pictures after you modify it? plz?

Does anybody know if you can just flip the uca bracket and use it on the pass side instead of the driverside? I ask because I have a pass side diff and the exhaust might get in the way.

Not really.. If you look close the UCA "frame" mount is offset (down). You would need to locate the whole mount higher than the floorboard would allow. Or use a BFH and have the mount offset up into the floorboard area. This would change the INTENDED handling. Would it be enough to matter??

Here are my rock rails after moving the brackets over, I didnt do any of the really structuraly important welding, but I did some and lets say they were pretty but ended up surface welds. Then the penetrating welds were ugly as all hell haha. All in all the welds arent pretty but they will hold and I have my protection back.

relocated2.jpg

relocated1.jpg

relocated.jpg

looks good, now go flex it up, and wheel it, and lets hear some feedback.

I definitly need to wheel it soon. Ive been waitning on PORC to ship my gears. I ordered them like 3 weeks ago. So if I dont see anything on my statement by the end of this week ill go somewhere else.

hey in the upper control arm part...is the red stuff lock-tite? or what..i got this kit, and that isn't included and i was just wondering if that would help a bit?

Back