• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Problem

nate_o23

NAXJA Forum User
So I had to swap a new motor into my 96 XJ. While I was doing that I figured I might as well put in new plugs, wires, etc.. and I upgraded to 4 hole injectors. Well now I have a CEL and codes read as injector ground fault across all 6 injectors. Eng runs ok but does stumble a little at idle and take off. Not bad but there is a little bit of a stumble.

Wondering if it could be injectors I put in? Ebay injectors but supposedly they have been flow tested. Or maybe something else??

Cheap eBay => cheap chinese knockoffs. What's the Bosch part number on them? I'd guess maybe they have the wrong resistance and/or flow rate.

Make sure you didn't swap any injector cables.

Run a can of BG44K in the gas to clean out the injectors.

Double check they are the right injectors. They should read about 18 ohms across the pins.

number on the side says 0 280 155 92 and last # is either a 3 or 8 not sure

Resistance is right at 13 ohms

I labeled all the inj cables when I took them off so Im pretty sure they are back on right

Looking up actually Bosch inj prices compared to what I paid for mine Im pretty sure I got chinease knockoffs.

So I ended up buying a 2nd set of injectors from the guy cruiser54 recommended. Swapped them in and jeep is running great and no more CEL.
Lesson learned....dont buy cheap injectors!

Back