• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Possibly going to look at an 04 Yukon denali with 6.0 this weekend. Anything on these i should look out for? This one has 177,000 miles on it but looks very well upkept.

Congrats Mac, you guys deserve the finish, great interview.

Nothing out of the normal GM truck stuff. They are AWD so sometimes the cases go bad, front bearings and dif crap out but most are cheap easy fixes.

that 6.0 is a great motor. My 04 Crew 2500 was a 6.0 and my buddy that bought it off of me has close to 300k on it now. Only problems were around 250k it had head problems and it had a harness problem at the firewall that was throwing the reduced engine code/mode.

Yea gonna go pick up my 4 ton paper weight this afternoon and tow it home. It might be going down the road here soon so might be an excursion coming up for sale. Hopefully going to see yukon tomorrow or sunday. Looks good in pics and they are meeting halfway in fort wayne so guess we will see.

New hours for redbird in 2017, sunrise to sundown, seven days a week.

Check with kman, he had an '04 Yukon 1/2 ton IIRC.

I love my 6.0 Yukon. Check the typical GM steering stuff; the 04 will be drive-by-wire, sometimes the throttle body harness gets a bad spot and will throw a code. Ours really benefited from a BlackBear PCM tune, especially when towing. However it will not tow like your X, and I would be wary of pulling your 'new' big trailer with it.

On that Denali, it will be AWD with no low range.

Personally, I would wait for a 2500 Yukon XL. I looked at a couple Denalis with the 6.0 but given the weight I wanted to pull I'm glad I went with the 2500, for nothing else the 4L80 trans.

Edit: $500 for the Excursion :D

I love my 6.0 Yukon. Check the typical GM steering stuff; the 04 will be drive-by-wire, sometimes the throttle body harness gets a bad spot and will throw a code. Ours really benefited from a BlackBear PCM tune, especially when towing. However it will not tow like your X, and I would be wary of pulling your 'new' big trailer with it.

Personally, I would wait for a 2500 Yukon XL. I looked at a couple Denalis with the 6.0 but given the weight I wanted to pull I'm glad I went with the 2500, for nothing else the 4L80 trans.

Well guess I should say this will be Suzi daily driver. I will be getting rid of the excursion and our Taurus and buying a 3/4 ton truck to tow stuff with.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Is the Excursion the V-10?
$501 either way...unless it's 7.3 then $505

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Yea Excursion is v-10. Being told from dealership that fuse box and GEM module are bad in it but the parts are obsolete so having to try and find one out of a wrecked excursion in junk yard is like needle in haystack. Gonna bring it home and see if i can't find a place that can rebuild the module or find a used one somewhere. Either way its gonna need fixed before i can sell it and get any kind of good price out of it.

I know this is a bit of a thread hijack, but I know nothing about the Yukons and my wife needs a replacement for her VW terrorist diesel and Yukon/Tahoe is on her list. You guys seem to know a bunch about them, so... How does this one look: https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5989321821.html? If we go this route instead of a minivan, I'd want to take it camping and tow the SeXJ with it on a trailer.

Yea Excursion is v-10. Being told from dealership that fuse box and GEM module are bad in it but the parts are obsolete so having to try and find one out of a wrecked excursion in junk yard is like needle in haystack. Gonna bring it home and see if i can't find a place that can rebuild the module or find a used one somewhere. Either way its gonna need fixed before i can sell it and get any kind of good price out of it.

If you can't find them local, car-part is your friend. Swap em out and away you go...

$800

99SJ 'Ford Guy' Ex

Seams a bit high for a none leather XL. A Yukon XL is the same size/thing as a Suburban. They are 3+' Longer then a Tahoe/Yukon. I vove try and find a 2500 XL or Suburban. Yes they are longer and might use a little nore fuel, over a 5.3 1/2ton, unless you go with a 8.1 XL and figure 9-15mpg. The 2500 will tow, stop, brake and probably be cheaper to buy then a hoe as most soccer moms that dont want a minvan go with a hoe.

Lots of room to camp out of ether one with XL having that much more room. Both will tow the XJ fine with the LWB XL having the advantage. But they can be a pain to park and drive but if nyone has driven a cclb pick up a XL is nothing, just like a Ford X.

Seams a bit high for a none leather XL. A Yukon XL is the same size/thing as a Suburban. They are 3+' Longer then a Tahoe/Yukon. I vove try and find a 2500 XL or Suburban. Yes they are longer and might use a little nore fuel, over a 5.3 1/2ton, unless you go with a 8.1 XL and figure 9-15mpg. The 2500 will tow, stop, brake and probably be cheaper to buy then a hoe as most soccer moms that dont want a minvan go with a hoe.

Lots of room to camp out of ether one with XL having that much more room. Both will tow the XJ fine with the LWB XL having the advantage. But they can be a pain to park and drive but if nyone has driven a cclb pick up a XL is nothing, just like a Ford X.

Thanks. I forgot about parking. Lets just say anything longer than a Dodge caravan should be out of the picture so an XL may be an issue.

Back