• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

You are supposed to declare the frequency pair you are going to use on GMRS. Your license then covers only operations on that pair. Operations that require licensing outside that pair are technically illegal. Operations on the FRS only frequencies still require usage of FRS approved equipment to be legal even if the operator holds another license class. Are there going to be FCC agents waiting to nab you the first time you don't follow the exact rules,no. The biggest driver in illegal operation complaints is being an asshole. Don't act like one and if you actually got reported you would get a slap letter at worst. Without spending a day going down the enforcement action rabbit hole, there may be a dozen enforcement actions in the last couple years total and all of them involved a concerted effort by the offender to be an ass.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

this.

just don't be a dick.

The guy I sold my heep to 2 years ago called me today. He's got some bushings wearing out and wanted to know what I used so he could replace them. The jeep has been trailing the woods of Northern WI n the UP for two years and he loves it.

Of course I miss it and made the obligatory buy back statement in hopes he might want something different in another year or two...

In the meantime, I'll continue working on both my willy's.

I ordered the baofang radio from amazon, $35 shipped to my door. I understand I should prolly buy a $20 license, but as long as I am not a "dick" or an "asshole" it prolly doesn't matter. My only question, is how do I to get it linked to other NAXJA radios?

Last edited:
I ordered the baofang radio from amazon, $35 shipped to my door. I understand I should prolly buy a $20 license, but as long as I am not a "dick" or an "asshole" it prolly doesn't matter. My only question, is how do I to get it linked to other NAXJA radios?

Bring it to winterfest

mac 'easy button' gyvr

Will do. these also hopefully:

JEEP - Cherokee - XJ - Limited, Sport, Classic (Global) - All - Open - Twin Pack: Dana 30 with Chrysler 8.25" 29 Spline
Item# JEE-AO-244 $373.00 USD 1 $373.00 USD

I just ordered Lokka lockers $425 to my door

Last edited:
Will do. these also hopefully:

JEEP - Cherokee - XJ - Limited, Sport, Classic (Global) - All - Open - Twin Pack: Dana 30 with Chrysler 8.25" 29 Spline
Item# JEE-AO-244 $373.00 USD 1 $373.00 USD

I just ordered Lokka lockers $425 to my door

Lockers. The perfect addition to teach you how to wheel your jeep all over again.

You will no be disappointed.

Ive been throwing around the idea of lockers into my daily. Afraid of snapping shafts, but is it that big an issue on stock gears and 31s?

where you at in ohio?

I wouldn't wish the GMRS license application on any person. It used to be several pages of federal government barf and you needed to have some knowledge of radio operations and coordinates to fill it out. It might not be as bad anymore and the coordinate thing is much easier with everyone having a GPS locator.

Ive been throwing around the idea of lockers into my daily. Afraid of snapping shafts, but is it that big an issue on stock gears and 31s?

Anything can be broken. That said, 31s and lockers will go lots of places.

I agree. I've been running spartan front and rear and I drive this daily. I ran all on trail 27 or 21 or 3 or 6 or whatever ours is at Redbird.

Best mod I've done this far. Stock shafts. Never broke anything yet in 2 years of wheeling.

Ive broken a short side inner with my 2.5/5spd of doom 2dr on 34LTBs but it was a loss of control moment. Wheeled it all ove SMORR, Disney OK and MIOBI for a year or 2 on bald 31LTBs with no issues than another year or so on the 34s. Lock it and go on with your life

33s with lockers on stock axles (unless it's a d35) will work. They usually last unless you put it into spots with heavy under cut or some place you shouldn't be.

I've put a lot of miles on this set up with three different wheeling rigs. Haven't broke a D44 shaft yet, and the only D30 shaft I remember was one with a 260 (smaller) ujoint.

mac 'it's a great setup' gyvr

Back