• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well, I'll say a whole lot of those 200k on mine were hard.

Here it is when I bought it in 2002:

DSC00654.jpg

...and it had been wheeled for years before that.

Good thing is, after seven years and 75k, I've got most of the kinks worked out of it!

Robert

Wow, sweet two door..Like the roof rack and spare on top.

After all these years,still no chrome grille.:D

Nick

Go Bengals!! WHO-DEY!!!

nice find flexd, does it have no interior? or did read something wrong

That is a nice 2dr. Currently pondering another one almost the same as mine when I bought it. Slightly different shade of green and a '98.

I think I saw BigHank/GeneMJ's creation for sale againon craigslist today

Took a couple pics of the 'new' truck. P/S door and tailgate are the bad spots. Pimp'n blue interior still needs a deep clean. Diesel is definitely the way to go :D

DSCN0480.JPG

DSCN0481.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

DSCN0484.JPG

nice find flexd, does it have no interior? or did read something wrong

Well he noticed his carpet was getting wet so He pulled everything like carpet, panels(except doors), and the console. There is about a dime size hole under the drivers seat but other than that the floors look solid. The Drivers seat is beyond repair. So In store for it are the seats and console out of my old rig a patch in the floor and some herculiner on the floor. Then "repair(reconstruct)" the front crossmember.

Wow, I know some guys that spend almost that much just on a bumper!

Congrats!

Robert

Yeah only for it to destroy a Mercedes driven by a drunk bluehair! :doh:

Well I knew there had to be one with more. Just didn't know of any. Tyler, what year is that one?

mine is a 93. It is primarily a trailer queen now, so it has taken about 4-5 years to put the last 10K on it. I try and drive it to work at least once every few weeks just to turn the tires over on it, but for some reason when I park it at the office they dont like it parked out in front of a Gov Building :D

mine is a 93. It is primarily a trailer queen now, so it has taken about 4-5 years to put the last 10K on it. I try and drive it to work at least once every few weeks just to turn the tires over on it, but for some reason when I park it at the office they dont like it parked out in front of a Gov Building :D

Thats ok Tyler, I hear you like parking in the Rear Better anyways! :D

Call the fire department on that one...

Tyler next time you want to take the jeep take the piggy poo sprayer instead. And then make sure the valve is right by the front door and crack it open so that a little poo dribbles out. That will make the XJ look pretty darn good.

Sorry guys no pic my windows 98 equipt computer won't let me upload them to photobucket or my phones sd card. Stupid dinosaur computer.

Parakeet

Took the wife to the range today she wouldn't shoot either of the 45's but I put a 22 conversion on the 1911 and she held a 10" group at 7 yards. She has never shot a gun before in her life.

Very nice deal Aaron. Pre-97 and 4-door, just what you wanted :D For the price though you couldn't go wrong, wheel the snot out of it and get a newer one to DD when you find an inevitable deal on one. Also I'd recommend the C-ROK steering reinforcement and put that on after you get the crack welded. Should help it from cracking again.

Byron, I didn't realize that thing was a stick. Got a granny gear in it? Maybe for the more skilled shifters it's no big deal, but I'd dread going through the stop and go with a stick shift and a trailer.

And speaking of rolling over odometers, looks like we're about to roll over page 1000 here (for those with the "stock" posts-per-page setting).

NV4500. 1st is pretty low (and with a GM, 1st might be lower than what I'm used to,) getting started from a dead stop won't be a problem. Dad's 99 Dodge with an NV4500 doesn't have a problem with a 30k lb. trailer behind it.

NV4500. 1st is pretty low (and with a GM, 1st might be lower than what I'm used to,) getting started from a dead stop won't be a problem. Dad's 99 Dodge with an NV4500 doesn't have a problem with a 30k lb. trailer behind it.

That's kind of what I was guessing. Seems to be popular behind the diesels. Is there a pretty significant mileage difference between the manuals and autos when towing? I'd think that once you're on the highway it'd all even out. Obviously not having an auto that burns up all the time is an advantage.

Yep. Granny low 1st. Being a truck transmission, it's not particularly quick or easy to shift until you get used to it. I'm still learning it; it's weird to start in 2nd all the time.

In my 96 1st ratio is 5.6:1. In my buddy's 94, 1st is 6.34:1 :wow:. You don't need to touch the accelerator in Low or R to get going. 4lo-1st is ridiculous.

Just thought about something..... in your 96, you might want to see if the 5th gear nut has been fixed. There's a problem where it starts to spin back off the shaft.

That's kind of what I was guessing. Seems to be popular behind the diesels. Is there a pretty significant mileage difference between the manuals and autos when towing? I'd think that once you're on the highway it'd all even out. Obviously not having an auto that burns up all the time is an advantage.

The ability to hold a gear on a grade is the biggest advantage IMO. The stick OD ratio is .73 while the 4L80E OD ratio is .75. Pretty much the same. It comes down to the rear end ratio as far as better mileage. Mark's Sub is geared at 3.73, my truck is 4.10. He will see better mileage over the road as well as lower RPMs. He may have to run out of OD to save the trans though, not sure.

One thing that kinda sucks is that you lose your boost when you shift versus an auto that keeps constant boost.

Back