• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Question for everyone. Here's the scenario. Your boss is giving his speech at the Christmas party. He is thanking everyone for the "record year." He says that our Christmas bonuses are "a little more" this year as a thank you. You open the envelope, and the amount is the exact same as last year! (ALL the other employees got the same as last year!) Do you call him out? Should you be upset?

Question for everyone. Here's the scenario. Your boss is giving his speech at the Christmas party. He is thanking everyone for the "record year." He says that our Christmas bonuses are "a little more" this year as a thank you. You open the envelope, and the amount is the exact same as last year! (ALL the other employees got the same as last year!) Do you call him out? Should you be upset?
That's what my old boss did to us years ago. Was told our bonuses were capped at a certain amount. Turns out there was never a cap and we always got the same amount as usual. But he always had a nice new car to drive.

It's probably not gonna get ya far to call him out on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I say this year if you get a bonus be thankful, there are millions wondering where there next meal is coming from.

Get everyone there to pool together their bonuses together and open a competitive rv dealer and pound him in the butt.

We had a bad year, down about 40% from last year but still got the same bonus. I technically work for 2 sister companies, and sadly right after I got my surgery we got enough work in for basically unlimited overtime. Those extra hours sure would've made my year quite a bit better

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

We got "re-imagined" at work, my engineering team went from 5 to 3... I told them I don't expect to travel more then I have in the past. It has been a shitshow so far. Now reporting to a manager in Italy.

9817f8e27070e0f20b35f050edcec098.jpg

The fire pit got some rehab last night...

mac ‘hawt’ gyvr

Our bonus is based on attendance. If you don't call off or get alot of points then it adds up to about 2 paychecks. I had only 4 points total for the year so mine was pretty good. We also got a calendar and an Amazon gift card. Then my boss comes and gives me this spicy pepper paste stuff yesterday which probably only cost about a buck or two, but I was happy as hell because its more of him showing his culture.

2020 had been a pretty good year. I made more money than I ever had, went camping a few times wheeled the jeep and the tacoma, rode the motorcycle alot,kicked a bad eating at restaurants habit, wife got a good new job and now a promotion. There were a few bads but **** those ones :D

Our bonus is based on attendance. If you don't call off or get alot of points then it adds up to about 2 paychecks. I had only 4 points total for the year so mine was pretty good. We also got a calendar and an Amazon gift card. Then my boss comes and gives me this spicy pepper paste stuff yesterday which probably only cost about a buck or two, but I was happy as hell because its more of him showing his culture.

2020 had been a pretty good year. I made more money than I ever had, went camping a few times wheeled the jeep and the tacoma, rode the motorcycle alot,kicked a bad eating at restaurants habit, wife got a good new job and now a promotion. There were a few bads but **** those ones :D

awesome!

did you build your house this year too?

mac 'or was that last year?' gyvr

We had a pretty good year also! CEO threw a nice bonus at the manufacturing plant engineers which was very welcomed! And they announced last week that our volumes are skyrocketing at the foundry so 2021 is looking up.

I’m glad to hear some of y’all having good years. In the travel industry we lost 100% of our income and revenue in a matter of 6 weeks. Then layoffs started in July with operations staff, then sales started getting furloughed in September. About to start month 4 in furlough. Could be 6 more before I get back.

Still, tried not to let this shitstorm slow me down. Bought a new Jeep, traveled to 16 states, and got some home projects done.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the MWC from the SEC.

Back