• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Went to Walmart last night to pick up some salt for the driveway. They were all out because of the impending doom of an ice storm we were supposed to get. But I lucked out because somebody must have dropped their dirty 30 and left it. Of course I had to pick up all the full cans,can't risk any children coming across this.

Tried to start the Jeep, Jeep no start. Figure battery to cold. Brought it inside on charger. Charger says full. Now I question starter. Its 4* out. Guess it is going to sit there.

SAM'lawn art'SET

You know it's cold outside when you walk outside and cold.

T-shirt weather today in AZ

It's warmer now that it was all day today...

and it's 12 degrees...

mac 'next week highs in the negatives' gyvr

Since my oldest kid turns 14 here on Tuesday decided to get him something to work on for a while till he can drive.
1046033a1d58b187482c71136e08274c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Since my oldest kid turns 14 here on Tuesday decided to get him something to work on for a while till he can drive.

ya beat me to one...

mac 'thank you' gyvr

Nice!. My oldest turns 14 in March, but she wants a Wrangler (go figure). Trying to find a cheap one or a rebuilder is going to be a challenge. The way she drives (power wheels, go carts, etc) I'd rather get her a squarebody Suburban though.

Every time I see a nice looking xj I get that urge to buy one again. Then I remember what happened with my last one and little it got driven after I lifted it. In a few years I will get a four door wrangler and that urge will be gone.

Yea he doesn't even know about it yet. He has always said he wants a comanche. It needs a whole drivetrain in it so plans are to do a 97-01 complete swap on it. Atleast that's what I want to do.

Looks like a good project.

I've said for a while when my kids turn 14 or 15 I'll get them something they will need to work on to get on the road. My oldest is 12 so I have a little bit.

I did something similar but not that extreme. Bought a ‘97 XJ when my son was 15 that needed some work. We’ve had a lot of fun with it. It has over 220k but the body is solid. He’s 16 now and thinks it’s the coolest thing ever. He would have preferred a Wrangler but everything in my price range was a ragged out rust bucket.

Found a great bar 3 or 4 blocks from my apartment. Best part is it's only 3 right turns home. Or jump over a fence and hop down 2 retaining walls, but that seems too stereotypical

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Had to put the shorts on today, swalls

I have two 98 ZJ 5.9s and two kids.

This might work out.

mac ‘oldest is only 6’ gyvr

Back