• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My dad's entire union got canned when the union decided to strike for better equipment, etc. He was anti union before, even more so after and passed that on to me. My personal feeling is that they had their time and place before we had well established laws regarding labor and the workplace. (Not saying everything is perfect now, but better than 100 years ago.)

that.

when they got all of the workplace environment stuff written into law they became redundant.

Can anybody guess how many days in a row I like to tell someone the EXACT SAME THING on how to do their job better?

The answer is NOT 4. He got to go home to think about it.

He called and left me a two minute voicemail this afternoon after I sent him home, told me he didn't sign up to do all the stuff we were asking him to do and one job in particular. Well this is the only job he is suited to do so guess what his full time job will be from here on out.

idiot

He called and left me a two minute voicemail this afternoon after I sent him home, told me he didn't sign up to do all the stuff we were asking him to do and one job in particular. Well this is the only job he is suited to do so guess what his full time job will be from here on out.

idiot

Cleaning the bathroom for 8 hours a day would piss me off too ;)

idiot

if he is unhappy with the terms of his employment he is free to leave.

Yeah my Union can't go on strike either...

But we can get sick...if we could stick together.

mac 'blue flu' gyvr

I'm in a adjunct teachers union. It blows. I pay them every month, I have no benefits, I get payed okay I guess. It works out to be garbage if you factor in the hours involved, But I run an automotive shop and I don't live on my teaching salary. I only really teach because #1, I really enjoy teaching automotive, and #2 I get to handpick my lube techs and GS techs.

Bottom line, I am forced to be in a union that does NOTHING for me, at all...period. When the full time teachers threatened to strike, they told me I had to strike with them. I told them I will be in my classroom teaching my students because that is what I get paid to do, even if it is for 13 an hour, it doesn't matter.

Nobody got anywhere in any company by starting out on the top of the ladder. Put in your time, show your worth, and a good company will pay you for it.

yea thats my point behind the whole thing. maybe back in the day when health and retirement benefits were hard to come by and unions had to fight for the well being of the employee they may have been useful but now that those things are more of a expected i dont see the reason to do it.

one of my partners(who has worked for a union company) mentioned that unions make it much more difficult for fire people and people know this and this causes some to become a little slower/lazier and production to go down.

from my current thought process IF someone comes to talk to me, they better have a good offer.

Morning Craig

Sean, you have not shit, until you have shit your shirt!

3 hours of sleep, 2 red Monsters, 1 slice of Casey's pizza and an important meeting at 9:30...this ought to be entertaining...maybe I should have taken an Ambien and some laxatives to really spice this show up! :D

Cheese "Sean, two words...butt gravy" Man

Morning Craig

Sean, you have not shit, until you have shit your shirt!

3 hours of sleep, 2 red Monsters, 1 slice of Casey's pizza and an important meeting at 9:30...this ought to be entertaining...maybe I should have taken an Ambien and some laxatives to really spice this show up! :D

Cheese "Sean, two words...butt gravy" Man

Be careful, sounds like you might make enough pressure to blast you right off the can.

I had a few last night...not my smartest move.....

drink up sailor, we are about to push off!!

Jameson and pipe for me.
32f9e16a135ec3ca7ce3a44215a839b4.jpg

Back