• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

Well you could take the hwy5/65 bypass around the south and come back in on 163/University Ave. Takes about 20min. My shop is right up hyw 28 from Walnut Woods.

I haven't looked at the route, but live half a mile from 65 and three miles from 35.

You do know the fairgrounds is in des Moines right ;)
Yes. :(

Most likely I will just go for a day and drive home.

Trying to decide if I should try carrying there. Fair board says no guns but of course it carries no force of law. I'd feel much better being in DSM with my glock.

You won't have any problems there with people...its usually pretty calm. As for carrying, I don't remember of they do a pat down or not...with the number of state and city police there and the security, there is usually not much of a chance of anything happening. Just park in a decent lot. If you pay a guy who looks like he is on meth $5 to park on his lawn there is a good chance it will end poorly.

All in al the fair is a good time...bring money and go hungry. There is no shortage of good eats there. Booze is pretty pricey though..

Crandon derunk just got yelled at by rent a cops

mac 'if they only knew' gyvr

No need to carry really. Yep tonight has been great to watch people and count mullets and frontbutts. Hunt out the craft beer tent for real beer. And eat all the food.

Don't over think the camper lighting. Yes, all you need is a small solar panel re-charger mounted on the roof. Doesn't your popup already have a battery? Just running a light or two shouldn't kill it overnight. If you have a 7-way plug (and the charge line is hooked up on the tow vehicle) you could charge the battery from your tow vehicle if you need to.

Don't over think the camper lighting. Yes, all you need is a small solar panel re-charger mounted on the roof. Doesn't your popup already have a battery? Just running a light or two shouldn't kill it overnight. If you have a 7-way plug (and the charge line is hooked up on the tow vehicle) you could charge the battery from your tow vehicle if you need to.
Actually JR our camper is really the bare bones model. No fridge or heater or battery in it. I'm just needing some light inside. Really starting to think I'm gonna look into putting a 7 pin connector on camper so I can charge battery while hooked up to tow vehicle.

so the spray paint stripping on gold jeep is becoming a pain in the butt...80% of it comes off easily. the rest is really on there. i feel like i'm wasting too much time and there are spots that the paint needs to be fixed anyway, so am i better off just trying to do a paint job on it? my wifes uncle has a good hvlp sprayer and compressor...but what am i looking at for cost? the jeep needs very little body work, just filling in some chips and one tiny ding. i realize doing a factory style paint job would be pretty expensive, but is there a good less expensive option that would be durable and look good...this paint will be exposed to western ny winters.

mainly i am worried about getting all this paint off and realizing that it still doesn't look good and i wasted a lot of my free time...my brain tells me a square box should be fairly easy to sand down a little and paint.
the real issue is that whatever you want to put over the rattlecan may or may not be compatible with it - I've seen paint over rattlecan cause the rattlecan to wrinkle and lift and dissolve before the next layer even had a chance.

Prep, like someone else said, is everything...

Yeah, it's in the 01-Don't drop shit on your toes-1A Manual.
best listen to it too because the -34P is off limits to all but a few, who charge a lot for parts installation...

yes

there is a chart somewhere on the intardnet that I've posted before...I'll look tonight to see if i can find it

mac 'don't know them all by heart' gyvr
google j321-cv.pdf. full list of double cardan slip jointed driveshafts made by spicer for all makes/models.

Dumb question. I have a project coming up that uses a 2wd d30 beam but needs the knuckles swapped side to side so the steer arms are in back. Can this be done? Not worried about caster but a bit about camber

I would worry about the tie rod and the control arms interfering. The balljoints and knuckles should work out fine though.

the real issue is that whatever you want to put over the rattlecan may or may not be compatible with it - I've seen paint over rattlecan cause the rattlecan to wrinkle and lift and dissolve before the next layer even had a chance.

Prep, like someone else said, is everything...

best listen to it too because the -34P is off limits to all but a few, who charge a lot for parts installation...

google j321-cv.pdf. full list of double cardan slip jointed driveshafts made by spicer for all makes/models.

I would worry about the tie rod and the control arms interfering. The balljoints and knuckles should work out fine though.
The plan is to sand with a block or orbital down to factory paint...I won't be leaving the spray paint on there

also...anyone who has flat towed an xj. what did you use as a mounting point? i have some xj tow hook brackets with the 5 holes, if i somehow rigged those to work, would they be sufficient? i'm guessing so, i just have no idea how it will mount to the tow bar

Andy, vt98xj is supposed to meet up here in Crandon shortly...

Tried to get kimmer to show...

e2ynyme6.jpg

Qualifying

mac 'found power...a/c rocks' gyvr

So I need cash to buy a truck and trailer, who gives cash loans without killing me in interest? Looking for $5-10k loan.

A rich uncle?

Ha, funny I do have rich dad. I think he's done giving me handouts. He's givin me so much. XJ which I've destroyed and made it what is today, 5k for the f350 I had, 10k for the e350 band van, 7k for down payment on 08 2500 ram that I couldn't afford payments on and the plush TJ. now that I'm an adult I still can't afford crap!

So I need cash to buy a truck and trailer, who gives cash loans without killing me in interest? Looking for $5-10k loan.

I have the name of a bank in Ohio that does loans on older trucks w/o high interest rates...it's saved on my computer not my phone, I'll post it when I find it.

mac 'two of my buddies used them' gyvr

I have the name of a bank in Ohio that does loans on older trucks w/o high interest rates...it's saved on my computer not my phone, I'll post it when I find it.

mac 'two of my buddies used them' gyvr

Awesome thanks, hit me on Facebook, incase I miss it in here.

Back