• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Yes...

Need my morning mixer to deal with my aunt...

mac 'hoping someone buys us lunch' gyvr

Oil pressure has been about 10 at idle all summer and it sounds like a diesel, so the bitch is gonna get treated like a diesel. Changed oil last night and used 15-40 and a qt of Lucas. 50psi at start up and 20 when she warms up now. Will be pulling it this winter an swapping in flexy's.

Once I pick up the stroker I'll be getting parts gathered to have it swapped in before winter. The current motor might need an oil pump and rear main(it's a 4.0, duh it needs one) but runs good.

Flexd' more powahhhh 'XJ

My rear main is leaking like a beech and has a nice little knock/tick.

time for me to start thinking of what my options there are.

SAM'stroker....V8....or swap in a new 4.0'SET

Oil pressure has been about 10 at idle all summer and it sounds like a diesel, so the bitch is gonna get treated like a diesel. Changed oil last night and used 15-40 and a qt of Lucas. 50psi at start up and 20 when she warms up now. Will be pulling it this winter an swapping in flexy's.

I've been doing for about 4 years now. She's getting tired but it's so reliable and doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil.

One of these days I'll get the balls to swap it out.

The Popcan ran 15-40 in it for years...was idling or floored all it's life...

mac 'stayed together' gyvr

I've been doing for about 4 years now. She's getting tired but it's so reliable and doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil.

One of these days I'll get the balls to swap it out.

Apparently mine does burn oil, 2k miles since last oil change 1/2" of oil on dip stick......(no smoke / no oil in coolant). I will keep an eye on oil level from now on.

Gets good mileage (about double the truck) so I prefer to drive it every day.

Did u put a motor in it already?

mac 'feels like there's more to the story?' gyvr

pretty ricky has terrible oil pressure. Doesn't matter if it's 10w30 or rotella.

but it's quiet, so F it.

20psi cruising down the highway is a little disconcerting to me though. Even ugly truck makes 40, and that thing was abused.

Did u put a motor in it already?

mac 'feels like there's more to the story?' gyvr

I bought it w a blown motor, paid someone to put one in it ($600 installed and motor had 130 on it).

I f'ed up by not hearing new motor run first (or knowing anything about it other than it had 130k on it)....it runs good other than the dieseling noise it makes, hood vents really let you hear it (cover up the vents and it sounds a little more like a 4.0).

Heck it may just need an oil pump and it will probably go another 50k. Or, I can rebuild flexies and install it and know it will last.

$600 learning experience (really kinda cheap when you consider what we spend on this sport).

Back