• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im Very new

frankart3@hotmail

NAXJA Forum User
I live in the Baltimore area...any idea where there is a good place to have my transmission flushed? Or will Jiffy do?

Any other things I should have them do on my 99 xj with 175,000 miles while it is in their shop? My tools are pretty limited, and my knowledge of how to care for my XJ is sadly limited as well. (but I am learning)

I lubed the steering linkage last night (big step for me). I plan on changing the transfer case fluid today, and the front and rear axle fluid...but what other things should I have done to my XJ while it is in their shop?

I know that is a bit of a vague question...sorry.

I have looked over a lot of the "general maintenance" posts and I am trying to fulfill most of the demands. So if there is anything on those BASIC MAINTENANCE lists that requires specific tools, or very mechanically experienced people please let me know to have it done to my XJ while it is in the shop.

Thanks!

-:dunno: Frank

well Frank, you are on the right path.:wave1: you know what needs top be done (basics). a lot of the basic stuff you dont need much in tools. mostly a good sellection of hand tools will suffice (do not get any cheap tools they will bend or break on ya). to do the tranny, t-case, & diff oils all ya need is the right oils/grease for them & a good socket:greensmok . no need to put it in the shop for that.oh yea get a good tube of "blue goo" & the pack of gaskets you'll need. the parts store should know. get you the haynes manual & save yourself the ton of money the garage will be charging ya!!

good luck & have fun wrenchin!!!

oh yea, JEEPS are built, not bought. :peace:

You may want to check out your motor mounts with that much mileage on it. If you are having your auto trans (AW4) flushed be sure they use the right fluid on it as it is not a Chrysler trans, it's made by Toyota; so it will require different fluid.
Enjoy!

Check out Jennings transmissions on Eastern Ave in Essex. Good guys, ad's in the b-more yello pages. I just had them replace my transmission about a month ago and they did an awsome job. I got no BS, they finished the job early, and they went out of their way to make sure everything was repaired. My heep is running great now. Originally it had gone in there with a grenaded transmission.
They'll talk you out of a complete flush, which I've read pro's and cons about, and just change the fluid.

Back