• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im stumped! Stupid parking lights.

Grimm, did you unlpug the front harness too? There is a plug under the airbox (or near it) you could unplug to verify the front isn't the problem either. Tony had this problem and it was up front there.

Julio, feel free to swing by and we can look it over too.

Thanks Andy, ill see if I have time today.

Check the ground wires in the circuit. I had some grounding problems that caused some really wacko issues with the tail lights. The FSM has all the ground locations.

Hey Julio. I am working in Glendale/ LA now (I-5 and Colorado) are you even anywhere near there?

im near the 110 and the 10 fwy. Didnt get time to look at the jeep yesterday. I spent it hanging out with my kid and taking my lil bros to Toys R us. Ill be home today after 2:30 pm

Hey Julio, I'm no good at electrical stuff, but everything said sounds like suspect. Jeeperjohn and I just started unplugging things on my electrical circuit that was connected to the underhood circuit.

So maybe look at the wiring diagram and fuse box description to see what runs off of the "parking lamp" circuit that keeps popping and start unplugging stuff.

I had an issue with my “88”; it turned out to be the socket. Check for voltage at the wire just behind the socket. If you have voltage at the wire then cut off the socket and splice in a new. I got one out of the wrecking yard, but I believe NAPA has them.

So Julio came over tonight and after tearing apart the main wiring harness looking for any bad wires, we where back to the rear of the jeep. It was not the tail lights that was causing the issue.
Apparently "Someone" decided it was a smart idea to plug a ground wire into a blue wire in the hatch next to the driver speaker, so after about an hour of hunting I unplug the wire, put a new fuse in and wala it works...

Glad to hear Max fixed up the short in your rear end, Julio!! :shocked:

Now you're clear to go on the Rubicon!

Back