• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm sorry guys.....

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
I traded the Jeep in today. I finally admitted that it needed way too much work and just wasn't worth it. In the last year, I have replaced:

Starter (in a gas station parking lot)
Alternator (on the side of 35)
Battery
Fuel Pump (on the shoulder of 35 outside Austin)
Tires (twice)
2 bulb sockets that rusted out
2 u-joints (one on the slow lane of Spring Creek)
torque converter bolts loosened themselves
fan clutch
electric fan

And to get it to the point where i MIGHT be able to go a month without any problems, i would have to replace:

Water Pump
Radiator
Thermostat
Driver's side hub
Transmission.

It finally came to the point where I was fixing something once a week, and it is counterintuitive to put even more money into a Jeep that has 220,000 miles, is 20 years old, and has a body that has been beat to HELL. (only one dent while i owned it, from a drunk dude running into it in a parking lot.)

I love my Jeep. I love all yall and the camraderie we all have. But right now, I need more reliable transportation for work. I'll still check in every once in a while, but not quite as much. If still invited, I would love to still come to the meets. Thanks everyone, for everything.

NAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJANAXJA FOR LIFE!!!!!http://lsjc.org/board/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=524170

He got a Lame-150.

44323_840432943720_23905223_44777415_4986914_n.jpg

My A/C runs great, it doesn't leak at all, and gets 20 mpg. How about your Jeep and Nissan?

How lame is that MOFO!?

My A/C runs great, it doesn't leak at all, and gets 20 mpg. How about your Jeep and Nissan?

How lame is that MOFO!?

AC is great in the Nissan. AC is okay in the Jeep. Gas mileage is about 18MPG in the Jeep and Nissan. Only thing leaking is the TCase in the Jeep.

Very lame!!!

ah very true, but they don't warranty 91 Cherokees with 220,xxx miles!

:D

I'll get into the XJ game again sometime hopefully sooner than later, but that all depends on raise/better paying job. I love my job i just don't get paid enough!

Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had with you jeep. good luck with the ford, if you are ever in the area or im down there you'll always have a seat in my jeep to wheel. :cheers:

Brian-it's an 06. I would have preferred a Tacoma, but my options were limited due to budget restrictions.

Scott-hell yeah man! Thanks!

How lame is that MOFO!?
A/C - got me there, I use the 2-80, 4-80, or 2+roof-50 A/C depending on which one it is...
doesn't leak at all - how are you gonna get bolts off without it self-applying the penetrating lube for you?
20mpg - my MJ gets 23 if I don't drive it like an idiot

ah very true, but they don't warranty 91 Cherokees with 220,xxx miles!

:D
who needs a warranty, you can't walk into a junkyard without seeing one :D

I'll take a vehicle I have to wrench on, and put 100 bucks in parts into every month, over a vehicle I pay 300 a month in loans on, any day :spin1:

I'll take a vehicle I have to wrench on, and put 100 bucks in parts into every month, over a vehicle I pay 300 a month in loans on, any day :spin1:

if it was 100 a month it would be one thing. but it needed $1000 in PARTS ONLY to run semi-reliable. And frankly, I'm XXXXing tired of carrying my tools around with me on the highly-possible chance it will break down on the road.

I've put $300 in it in the last two months, and it needed at the least a tranny and driver's hub to drive any more than i did.

But i fully agree, i would rather have an older car that needs to be fixed every once in a while than a payment. but when my job is in jeopardy because i have to drive all over the metroplex daily, and my Jeep couldn't make it, that's when i draw the line.

Back