• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I’m not racist; not even sexist.

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I’m not racist; not even sexist.

By no means am I tolerant, but, racist and sexist; no. But even still those black, and brown little bitches give me the creeps. I’m not a prude either, but here again; I do not want to stick my hand up in there.

I blasted everywhere with a pressure washer. I blew out every nook and cranny with the compressor. Over the past few days there has been no sign of activity what so ever. Brave self that I am I can’t seem to will the drain plug from the radiator. Honestly, though, if hammering on the drain plug on the engine block with an impact gun didn’t disturb anything living in there…they probably aren’t there.

Truth is, it bothers me less that I can’t get the drain on the block out than does the thought of getting a few abandoned webs on my gloved hands.

Wtf is going on here

The MJ has been sitting for a while. I'm in the process of changing all of the fluids as part of putting it back on the road.

I have a thing about egg laying hour glasses with eight legs.

Yeah, but how much can they eat at once? I mean, it is not as if they could bite off a limb or anything.

:looney:

An actually useful piece of advice I can give you is to check at night with a flashlight. Go out about an hour after dark and take along an aerosol can of ant/roach spray. The widows will be out and about on their webs. As you move the flashlight their shadows will move and make it easier to pick them out. Give them a quick spray and they will generally drop to the ground in satisfying convulsions.

Alternatively, a can of WD-40 and an extended lighter work well too, but you may not want to try that in close proximity to a Jeep. However the process and results may be even more satisfying than the poison. (Yes. I can be a merciless bastage.)

BTW, it does not do any good to spray the general area and think they will eventually encounter the poison and die. Spiders have very tiny feet so they hardly pick up anything and they do not groom themselves as insects do, so they don't transfer the poison anywhere useful. In order to kill them you must apply it to them directly. If you come across a pest control company that wants you to pay them to spray for spiders you can pretty much figure they are not the most honest outfit.

They are more scared of you than you are of them.

;)

They are more scared of you than you are of them.

;)

NOT the brown ones. The just hang/craw/sit there. The black ones on the other hand will Scurry away into the hole where you need to put your hand for what ever it is you're working on.

Anything with more than 4 legs is pretty much useless. Anything with more than 6 legs is downright unnecessary. And yes, I know 8 legged critter eat 6 legged critters. See my point? If there weren't 6 legged critters, we wouldn't need 8 legged ones. Get rid of both, problem solved.

David Bricker / SYR

What are you going to do without bees?

What are you going to do without bees?

OK, we can make certain exceptions. Honey bees, sure. Bumblebees that nest in your winter jacket that you don't notice, until you're driving down the street at 35 mph, no exception.

David Bricker / SYR

Anything with more than 4 legs is pretty much useless. Anything with more than 6 legs is downright unnecessary. And yes, I know 8 legged critter eat 6 legged critters. See my point? If there weren't 6 legged critters, we wouldn't need 8 legged ones. Get rid of both, problem solved.

David Bricker / SYR

10 legs are ok? I would hate to never have crab or lobster again, but I guess in a perfect world they never would have existed so I wouldn't miss them.

10 legs are ok? I would hate to never have crab or lobster again, but I guess in a perfect world they never would have existed so I wouldn't miss them.

Now my head hurts. I guess will have to exclude lobsters and crabs as well. The more than 6 legs was to get rid of centipedes and millipedes, since they're in the "I don't like them" category.

Maybe we'll need a spreadsheet to keep track....

David Bricker / SYR

Hit it with the impact wrench and it should come straight out.
:nono:
OR...after enough impact wrenching the square recess in the plug will round out. The impact did a good job with my XJ, and it worked well on Ethan's '95; and I thought his was bad.

Back