• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm going to the lost Coast. Wana Come?

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
I'm hopping Ivan is going to invite us out to his neck of the woods, but ether way I'll be heading up there Memorial Day weekend to run the traditional route so if any of you are interested in sharing a campsite and following along with us you are welcome.

The plan is to drive out/up Saturday morning and stay in one of the official campsites. Sunday morning meet in Garberville for breakfast at the Waterwheel Restaurant. Then drive out to the beach and spend the night. Monday play around a bit then head into town and home. It will be the wife our brand new son and I for sure and I think some friends and there Jeep. If you think you may be coming post up soon as the campsites will fill up soon.

Yeah, it's been a few years since I led a Lost Coast run... It's a great scenic route and lots of good times to be had...

I've been really tied up with the construction of a studio (for my wife) and a workshop for myself for the past year. Mostly working on it on the weekends and evenings. My hope is to get it done by this May; and if I do, I'll probably join you guys at least for a day run myself. It only takes me about an hour to get to Garberville...

At this point, I'd hate to commit on leading the run and have something on the construction prevent me from attending. So, I'll just leave it as a very "good chance" that I'll make the day run at least.....

Congrats on the new boy!!!!

Roko5thDay.jpg

Here's the kid. Today's his 5th day. I hope to see you both there. It's always a great time.
By the way anybody with a jeep can make it, so it's not a hard core wheeling trip. It's all about cool weather great views and relaxin at the beach.

Bronco said:
Monday play around a bit then head into town and home... It will be the wife our brand new son and I .
What kind of playin is out there?

and grats =]

also i think its awesome that there towns hompage has this butsted "res-a-rant" sign =P
grbr2.jpg

Last edited:
Bronco said:
Roko5thDay.jpg

It's all about cool weather, great views, relaxin at the beach and being with friends and family.

Fixed it for ya...see you there. I'll see about bringing my grand daughter, she turned 1y.o. on the 8th.

Tom

Well It's about a half mile of beach that you can't get to unless you can cross a good size creek/river. So that keeps the unwashed out. On MD weekend that is a big deal. There are some rocks to play on if you want and well did i mention it was a beach, and really scenic? I'll see about posting some pic of past years soon.

it is a pretty spot to go wheeling. we'll be moving over to the eureka area hopefully this summer and at most by next summer. the wifes family is over there and i have come to enjoy it over there. the heat here is getting to be too much for me even though there are good places to wheel here too.

Some other pics. Fun trip. Congrats on the kido. May just have to go on this trip again.
P5280092.jpg

P5290126.jpg

Hey is that Mark in the blue XJ stuck? Sure I"ll pull you out!
P5280097.jpg

P5280112.jpg

Congrats Bronco on the new one!

Would my 4x4 superduty and big A cabover camper make it to the campsites and along the treck allright?

Gary E said:
Congrats Bronco on the new one!

Would my 4x4 superduty and big A cabover camper make it to the campsites and along the treck allright?

The trail is typically not that bad. I've gone on a ride down that trail with a friend of ours that was towing a med-sized camping trailing with his 3/4 ton truck. I was skeptical at first, be he did ok.

Every now and then there's a tree lying across the road; but most of the locals try to keep it clear when the County stops maintaining it during the winter.....

Just come!
Like Ivan said the problem might be trees that you couldn't get under but we could just clear them. I'll bring a chain saw.

Gary E said:
sounds good, what campsite is it saturday night? I am presuming this is the only campsite that needs to be reserved.

I’ve been waiting to see how much interest there is before getting a camp site. Sounds like we may need two if you are coming. I’ll get going on that tonight.
Post up with the size of your group if you are a definite maybe!

Three in a tent as a definate maybe.

Provided I can get my junk back together.

I mite go but instead of the camp site would I be able to say on the beach then meet you guys to eat next day?an what beach is it that we are going to camp at?

SKIM said:
I mite go but instead of the camp site would I be able to say on the beach then meet you guys to eat next day?an what beach is it that we are going to camp at?

The campsites are near the beach, about a 1/4 mile away. Google Usal Beach to find out more....

Back