• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm 12, and what is this?

so that means i need to find a 4x4 driveshaft that can work with that. so i can poorman twin stick it!

my jeep is currently 2wd for those wondering...

:dunno: Sounds like you need a little more than a driveshaft for it to work as a twin stick.. But really.. That funny lookin yoke would prob snap clean off on a good rock climb. Great idea for flat towing a 2wd XJ though.

That's what it's for. Even with a manual trans you're not supposed to tow over 50 miles (guess w/o looking) without driving the Jeep to keep the trans rear seal lubricated.

Thats not why. An automatic transmission is lubed by the pump on the front, which is driven by the outside of the torque converter. No engine power, no lube, long drive = burnt transmission. I've never heard of the same for a manual as they are splashed lubed.

I have a thought. jeeps with the cable driven speedometer on the back of the t-case might rack up miles while being towed if the driveshaft isn't removed?

Back