• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"I'll buy almost anything if it's shiny and made by Apple."

My mac is the most reliable thing I own. I will NEVER go back to windows.

really? cuz i've been using the same PC laptop for about the past 4 years and i've never had a problem.

computers are like cars...maintain them...and you wont have problems.

macs are made for idiots...lol thats the long and short of it :geek:

also...older macs...TERRIBLE. newer macs, they are alright, but i'll never own one, they cant do what i need.

really? cuz i've been using the same PC laptop for about the past 4 years and i've never had a problem.

computers are like cars...maintain them...and you wont have problems.

macs are made for idiots...lol thats the long and short of it :geek:

also...older macs...TERRIBLE. newer macs, they are alright, but i'll never own one, they cant do what i need.
They'll argue that they don't HAAAAVE to maintain them. I'll agree with the MAC being for people who don't know, or don't CARE to know their way around a PC. And the argument of "Mac's don't get viruses" is going by the wayside REAL fast. Simply BECAUSE of the cocky elitist attitude. :D

"The new hummingbird battery will last a whole 19 minutes before needing a charge." - Great, it takes 20 to finish a sentence. As for the the disagreement between Mac and PC users, I am familiar with both, grew up on PC and loath PC. The comment about the Mac being the most reliable thing owned is also true for me, that and my XJ!

Kinda funny that Microsoft did its best to copy the look and feel of Mac OS X and produced the worst piece of junk they've made in years.

"Macs are for idiots" huh, now if that's not elitist I don't know what is.

Carry on with your Vista Machine, I've got code to write... On the air cushioned ride of my Mac.

macs are made for idiots...
I'll agree with the MAC being for people who don't know, or don't CARE to know their way around a PC.

I hate to break it to you, but Macs run OS X, which is based off of Free BSD and Unix. There's more to know about that then most people will ever understand, or you would be able to comprehend.

Sure, the majority of the Mac community doesn't know there way around their computer. It's ridiculous. But that's because they don't HAVE to. It's deceiving. It looks like a Smart Car on the surface, but drives like a sports car, and there is a 1000HP engine under the hood (referring to the OS)

i'll never own one, they cant do what i need.

Seriously? Name one thing. Heck, name 5.

Seriously? Name one thing. Heck, name 5.

1. They have poor affordability
2. They don't get viruses
3. Your sexuality has to be in question to use one
4. They hide many of the 'nuts and bolts' for tweaking
5. No one wants to be like Geoff

:D

1. They have poor affordability
2. They don't get viruses
3. Your sexuality has to be in question to use one
4. They hide many of the 'nuts and bolts' for tweaking
5. Your sexuality has to be in question to use one

:D

haha, I mean real ones.

1. Last time I checked a new Mac starts around 500 bucks. Sounds pretty affordable to me. And when you compare a Dell workstation to a Mac workstation, the Mac comes out cheaper!

4. OK, I'll admit, the REAL stuff isn't right there in front of your face. And that's one thing I don't like. But it can be part of the fun, learning something new you could do that you didn't know. You don't need a big giant button in your GUI to let you know you can contextual menu click on a folder title bar to get the path. You just gotta know it's not just plain text, it's a very active usable part of the GUI.

4. is wrong, the terminal window is right there for anyone to use. :)

I can't argue with number one, but don't hate on me because I can afford it and you can't.

haha, I mean real ones.

1. Last time I checked a new Mac starts around 500 bucks. Sounds pretty affordable to me. And when you compare a Dell workstation to a Mac workstation, the Mac comes out cheaper!

4. OK, I'll admit, the REAL stuff isn't right there in front of your face. And that's one thing I don't like. But it can be part of the fun, learning something new you could do that you didn't know. You don't need a big giant button in your GUI to let you know you can contextual menu click on a folder title bar to get the path. You just gotta know it's not just plain text, it's a very active usable part of the GUI.

1. Cal and I buy our Dell PC's for $192 .!. :D .!. (not a fair comparison, I know) $500 is not bad

4. is wrong, the terminal window is right there for anyone to use. :)

I can't argue with number one, but don't hate on me because I can afford it and you can't.

Terminal is not easy to use ;)

My FAVORITE part of the Apple phenomenom is that they had to go to Unix to get an operating system worth a crap and they had to go to Intel to get a real chip.

That's only one reason.

But there are plenty of native CAD programs. But if not, there's always Parallels or Boot Camp if you have to run solidworks or auto.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=518459

thats 5 programs that are near impossible to run on a mac without supporting software. i could come up with more if you'd like.

where as my 4ish year old gateway base laptop that cost me 600 bux can run then with no problems.

and i have used solidworks on a macbook pro...and my gateway is faster. so do the cost comparison there. there isnt any. a 2k laptop vs a 600 laptop doing the exact same thing. i had this discussion with a kid in my mfg class. he basically swore by macs and said his macbook pro would out perform any comp on the market. well my 600 gateway shut him up really fast. the macbook was slow and glitchy and it didn't like doing high resolution rendering.

and for the record. a MAC cannot ever run an SLS, SLA, DLP, or any other rapid prototyping machine. they do not have the capability, and none of the companies are willing to put the time into writing the software, because they have an already solid base to work with in XP and windows.

don't get me wrong, i dig mac, i have an iPod. but they are made for people that don't want to do the work to maintain a computer. plain and simple. they are not infallable, they are not the end all be of comps. they are turning into a jokish fad.

like cracker said its funny they are resorting to Intel and Unix to make a better product...lol

oh and i forgot to mention. i use solidworks because i dont like having to freaking export my files to other programs to make them work. i am nearly certified in solidworks pro and will be in the next few months.

Glad your gateway is working out for ya. Sounds like your doing some pretty specialized work.

Hey Cracker, I thought you earned brownie points in the PC world for things being complicated. Sorry the terminal window is so scary man. LOL.

obviously most people aren't doing that. but that is the reason i dont own a mac. i am comfortable with my PC, i maintain it, it always reacts expectedly, its what i need.

for the average user, i would recommend a mac, like for my mom, who never needs to worry about doing any of that, and uses it for browsing the internet, pictures, placing orders with her vendors and stuff. for every day use, a mac is great.

i'll just never own one.

Glad your gateway is working out for ya. Sounds like your doing some pretty specialized work.

Hey Cracker, I thought you earned brownie points in the PC world for things being complicated. Sorry the terminal window is so scary man. LOL.

im about to upgrade to a new hp because i want a dual core. lol

Back