• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If you could start over with Jeeps ......

I would not have lowball offered the guy 15 years ago selling a J20 with 36k on it to the point where he would NOT sell it to me regardless of the money

Echo what Chris said. What my buddies and I did with a RZR 1000 on 30" tires in moab was nothing short of extraordinary. If you want to wheel and only wheel, get a side by side. If you want more than a 31" tire, build a buggy and keep it light and on 35-37s max.

Me? I'm over the whole wheeling thing. I don't plan on ever building something that's sole purpose is the get on a trail and wheel hard and harder trails. Offroad on light stuff? Sure, but nothing for heavy wheeling.

I'm with the buggy guys. I'd rather just build a buggy and tow it with my pickup. For the amount of cash I had to put into this 'cheap' XJ, I could have just bought a dependable tow rig and trailer and not have to worry about getting home after breaking something on the trail. And, honestly, I think it would be easier to build from scratch.

Echo what Chris said. What my buddies and I did with a RZR 1000 on 30" tires in moab was nothing short of extraordinary. If you want to wheel and only wheel, get a side by side. If you want more than a 31" tire, build a buggy and keep it light and on 35-37s max.

Me? I'm over the whole wheeling thing. I don't plan on ever building something that's sole purpose is the get on a trail and wheel hard and harder trails. Offroad on light stuff? Sure, but nothing for heavy wheeling.

Exactly where I'm at with my xj.. Just having fun locally with my kids and family.

Agreed.. building my last Jeep now. ZJ on 31's.. like I should have (and knew so) a few years back.

I restarted my build.
5.2 v8 zj and I am going with Clayton mounts and building my own arms. 4 inches of lift and locked front with a lsd rear. 35s stockish axles. I liked my last rig but it was not able to be daily driven any more and by not stiffening it in time and not bracing the shocks that I went through the floor with. I wanted tons but it wasn't feasible and worth it to me.

Back