• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If I turbocharged my Renix would it live?

It is a hx35 7 blade compressor with an 18cm^ exhaust housing. By my vision it makes 3 psi at 2k with issues on the stock systems.

The ms3x is out for delivery today! To bad I cant tinker with it until Sunday AFTER I make the exhaust. Making a full three inch exhaust from almost the turbo back is a fitment nightmare with my manifold adaptation.

Most of the exhaust is recycled from a race neon I had so pardon the rust and age. I won't spend money unless I have to.

This should help when it's time to wire in MegaSquirt.

Jeep_Renix_Fuel_Injection_manual.tif

Thanks for the wiring! Got the ms3x today so when we get home tomorrow I will fab the exhaust and start the ms install.

As for e85 I have but I wl do meth injection since I don't have ss lines

Update : I got the exhaust done and took it for a test drive. Low speed all seemed good but when I floored it at 40 and boost came on death wobble took over and off the road I went. I did manage to stop the jeep but not after going thru a ditch, a yard sale sign, a two string of barbed wire fence and finally coming to rest on top of a small tree. Which upset the cow that was using its shade. So I fixed the fence and limped the jeep back home.

Damage : two busted exhaust hangers and a new dent in the bumper. Death wobble to be diagnosed ...

I did get the wideband and the tablet mounted in the meantime. I think I will focus on the ms3x install for now until my next weekend off. There is. It not alot of room in the dash, anyone got a good idea on where to put the ms? Putting the atx controller in the glovebox and using its old spot it the only choice I see.

Update : I got the exhaust done and took it for a test drive. Low speed all seemed good but when I floored it at 40 and boost came on death wobble took over and off the road I went. I did manage to stop the jeep but not after going thru a ditch, a yard sale sign, a two string of barbed wire fence and finally coming to rest on top of a small tree. Which upset the cow that was using its shade. So I fixed the fence and limped the jeep back home.

Damage : two busted exhaust hangers and a new dent in the bumper. Death wobble to be diagnosed ...

I did get the wideband and the tablet mounted in the meantime. I think I will focus on the ms3x install for now until my next weekend off. There is. It not alot of room in the dash, anyone got a good idea on where to put the ms? Putting the atx controller in the glovebox and using its old spot it the only choice I see.

Wow. Glad you are okay and no one was hurt.
You definitely need to fix the death wobble unless you want to keep rebuilding fences. :laugh3:

update: I have been driving this pile of parts around and it is a blast! Time to fab a new throttle body boot since this one just tore itself apart from being boosted.

Does anyone have a base timing table for any 4.0 jeep? I would like to see one for reference points.

Dave

Still running 3 psi or are you up to more psi yet?

Waiting.
Mainly on some free time
Got a pic of your mount from the bottom?

Does anyone have a base timing table for any 4.0 jeep? I would like to see one for reference points.

Here is the timing map I started with. I have since smoothed it out and added more timing up top but I don’t consider it that aggressive and it could still use a fair amount of work. Please note that my turbo spools just off idle and will hit 7 psi by around 3000 RPM.

9250698510_814a2fbcb1_o.jpg

As for the header/manifold yes i ran it along the block around the motor mount. Then up and behind the PS pump.

Thanks for the table pic! I will post mine once i get some time to work on it.

As for the reason for MS... control! I want it to blow up when i tell it too, not when it wants to.

Back