• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea for rear bumper.

87CherokeeChief

NAXJA Forum User
This bumper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...tegoryZ33640QQitemZ8009661647QQrdZ1QQtcZphoto

Plus either these brackets or fab something similar.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3UNBR&Category_Code=XJB

Im not going to plan on using this as a rear recovery point, the hitch is used for that. So what does everyone think of the rear bumper? i realize its 1/8 thick but everything that is larger is out of my price range. Basically i want to do this as cheap as possible. I have a welder and am semi decent with it. I've thought about making my own but i dont have the tools/materials to get it done. not really sure where to get the steel, plus the only real cutting tool i have is a small angle grinder.

check out ridgid. http://www.rigidco.com/

Terrys bumpers are frickin awsome. Puts that bumper to shame. I think his rears with tire carrier and jerry can are $500. Only slightly more than the $450 buy it now price of that ebay bumper, and his design is soo much prettier, stouter and sophisticated in comparison it is a smoking hot deal. His rear bumper isn't on the site. PM me for pics of it or search naxja there are atleast two threads about the rear ridgid bumper.

STAY AWAY !

I saw these a while back and went to check them out since they were local. GAWD what a hack. Those bumpers are total crap. They use the factory 8 mounts, and the way the bumper is made you cant use the additional supports for a factory style receiver hitch. The tire carrier is NOT secured to the bumper....think a peg in a hole! Thats it! The "D rings" are just bolted on and only rated to >1000lbs.

Do your self a HUGE favor and stay away from this guy, your money will be better served somewhere else.

Yea, i was gonna say the same thing about the "D Rings" If you were to get that one i would definetly add the Tie in brackets and maybe even cut some 1" x 3" or whatever size bracket you would like to run for the D Rings and run it straight through the bumper and weld on the face and back to make sure that it isn't going to go anywhere.

By time you do all that though, you would be better off just buying a bumper with the correct mounting and D Ring attachements. JCR Offroad has a nice rear bumper that comes with a hefty price tag, but when attaching a tire you dont want to slack around, it would be real dangerous if that came un-attached somehow and fell off into traffic :lecture:

thanks man, that is basically what i was looking for. does anyone know if Terry at Rigidco is up to speed on his stuff? after searchin it seemed like the wait was awful long...

xjcrawlr said:

STAY AWAY !

I saw these a while back and went to check them out since they were local. GAWD what a hack. Those bumpers are total crap. They use the factory 8 mounts, and the way the bumper is made you cant use the additional supports for a factory style receiver hitch. The tire carrier is NOT secured to the bumper....think a peg in a hole! Thats it! The "D rings" are just bolted on and only rated to >1000lbs.

Do your self a HUGE favor and stay away from this guy, your money will be better served somewhere else.

x2

I HAVE those bumpers...although he changed his EBAY name...he didn't improve his product. I'll sell you mine if you want? ;)

Back