• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I thought I'd get better milage

Yes, a sensor could go bad without throwing a code, they're cheap enough that it's a good idea to replace them, since it's 9 years old. Try to use cruise control... 65-67mph seems to be the sweet spot for stock tires. I did a 1700 mile round trip and found that 67 seemed to be best. 2mpg better than trying to keep 71-73mph. I was in the slow lane most of the time, but hey... it's more relaxing! I've been really babying the XJ lately and it's a lot more relaxing.

whatevah said:
yet another gas mileage thread... hehe

it's hard driving correctly with how much power off the line the 4.0 motor has. Even driving like my grandmother the past week, it's hard NOT to be the first one leaving a redlight. However, I did gain 2 mpg this week! That's driving my normal 50mi round trip with a lot of traffic lights, backroads, hills, etc. Went from 14 to 16mpg. vehicle specs in sig. not really built for gas mileage... I'm getting ready to put my stock tires back on. Just put the 31" mud tires back on for trail rides.

For the highway you'd benefit a lot from taking off the lights from the roof and removing a cargo rack if you have one

Stevemedlock said:
Things could be worse......

At the moment in the UK, it takes about $145 to fill my tank!

Steve

Yeah, but how far do y'all really drive over there :D you can probably drive around your whole country on a tank, right?

JNickel101 said:
Yeah, but how far do y'all really drive over there :D you can probably drive around your whole country on a tank, right?

They're lucky. Their cities are much more compact, and have mass transit. No American style sprawling, car-centered suburbs.

Back