• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think linkedin is stalking me

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i signed up years ago, don't remember when, only have a couple of contacts but have been meaning to get more into it for networking purposes....every once in a while I get the "do you know this person, or this person" and sometimes it's a relative, and I get how they figure it out but today I got a "do you still know mr X?", mr x was my landlord 5 years ago, completely different field of work, I paid rent in cash and he lived over an hour away, absolutely no connection between us at all WTF?

happens to me all the time. I haven't logged into my linkedin account in a long time and they still send me "what's new at linkedin" emails and ask me if I know people. A lot of them are the people who I did know in college and tried to distance myself from as much as possible because they had no idea what they were doing.

Yeah but they figured the connection because of your school, there is no paper trail between me and my old landlord

That's a good example of data mining.

However they did it it sure freaked me out

Time to finish my safe room for the googlepacolypse

I do catch up on plenty of former friends and associates sme I am trying to avoid via Linkedin. I like it. It is working for me.

I guess you guys are in the communications industry? Or are there more than one Linkedin?

I manage golf courses, its a professional networking site, not industry specific

I'm a computer engineer, but not specifically in the communications industry. I just build the hardware some of those guys use.

Linkedin has never and probably will never get me a job, I don't "create a professional network" by sending connection requests to people on a website. I do it by either asking them for info at some point or helping them with a problem at some point and all my job changes have been due to someone thinking I was right for the job. Whether I actually was right for the job or not is a completely different matter.

Back