• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think i got effed on some leaf packs

you know a place that does this?

i did place them under the jeep but the lenght was off by maybe an inch or less. Im guessing the shackle swings out when its under the jeep with all that weight on it, right?

1. Take them to Deaver in Santa Ana or Atlas Spring in City of Industry. You will need to go to a spring shop for bushings anyway.

2. Yes, but you may need a boomerang shackle to allow for full travel with a longer leaf.

1. Take them to Deaver in Santa Ana or Atlas Spring in City of Industry. You will need to go to a spring shop for bushings anyway.

2. Yes, but you may need a boomerang shackle to allow for full travel with a longer leaf.

When you say longer are you referring to the lengt from eye to eye or the leaf pack height?

Just got off the phone with justin (xjjeeper19) and he tells me that they dont looks like any off the shelf packs that anyone makes ie, RE, Skyjacker etc etc.. He seems to think its a bastard pack of some sort. If this, this is just great!

they look like decent packs to me. Almost like the old Tomken packs I used to have that cost me $500+. If you are going to throw them away, throw them my way:). Deaver should be able to take care of you regardless.
Good luck.

Agreed, while they may not be deavers they look like a decent pack for $200

im just dreading going to deaver and haveing to fork out some more money. but i guess you have to pay to play right? fack!

Those 33's I sold you were really 31's. S-U-C-K-A!!!!! :)

You already have the pics of your springs. Why don't you just send them to one of the techs over at deaver and get your answer. The guys at deaver are extremely helpful and friendly. The re-arching of their springs will set you back $150. I looked into doing that last year. When I get home, I will compare your pics to my Deavers.

You already have the pics of your springs. Why don't you just send them to one of the techs over at deaver and get your answer. The guys at deaver are extremely helpful and friendly. The re-arching of their springs will set you back $150. I looked into doing that last year. When I get home, I will compare your pics to my Deavers.

Thanks, I appreciate that. 150 to fix them?? Hmm not bad. Was that for one leaf or both?

Deaver's sportsman leafs have the front eye wrapped the other way around, down, not up like your pictures. And then the english eye, or military wrap of the second leaf around the first, as djblade311 pointed out. And then the end of each leaf is diamond cut not straight cut like yours. The Deavers are longer from the center pin to the rear eye requiring boomarang shackles, and deliver more travel (Jeepspeed)
Sometimes a little research first may have helped you out.
I know, closing the gate after the horse got out is no help, sorry the guy boned you.
Don't throw them away though, they are good parts for making your own packs, and I wouldn't call them bastard packs when you're done, cause if you make them right, they can work better than most of the stuff for sale out there.

They are not Deavers. When it's to good to be true it usually is. Sometimes it is worth saving your money to get what you want.
I had a really cool Friend that died last year, and he always said it's better to cry once, then to cry every time you look and some shit you bought.
:eyes:

Deaver's sportsman leafs have the front eye wrapped the other way around, down, not up like your pictures. And then the english eye, or military wrap of the second leaf around the first, as djblade311 pointed out. And then the end of each leaf is diamond cut not straight cut like yours. The Deavers are longer from the center pin to the rear eye requiring boomarang shackles, and deliver more travel (Jeepspeed)
Sometimes a little research first may have helped you out.
I know, closing the gate after the horse got out is no help, sorry the guy boned you.
Don't throw them away though, they are good parts for making your own packs, and I wouldn't call them bastard packs when you're done, cause if you make them right, they can work better than most of the stuff for sale out there.
Well, it sucks that for the money it seems I may have to spend to get these to work I could have bought brand new RE packs or some rusty's

Balls!
They are not Deavers. When it's to good to be true it usually is. Sometimes it is worth saving your money to get what you want.
I had a really cool Friend that died last year, and he always said it's better to cry once, then to cry every time you look and some shit you bought.
:eyes:

Your friend was right and a smart guy.

Well, it sucks that for the money it seems I may have to spend to get these to work I could have bought brand new RE packs or some rusty's

Balls!

Your friend was right and a smart guy.

You wouldn't have gotten new RE packs, and they don't handle the go fast stuff as good as deavers, and if you went with Rusty's your junk would break the first time out.

good luck on getting rearched for $150 from Deaver. When I had mine rebuilt (ones that crazyjim bought from me), Deaver charged me close to $300+. but then again, I cant remember if I had them do extra labor....my mind is slipping away right now.

Back