• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I really need new floorpans

go to the JY with a sawzall

I need them as well. When i started pulling out the muddy & stained carpet to herculine it,, i then found holes from the rust, alot of rust!!

I have 2 decisions here............
1.) Buy an entire floor pan and do the job the right way!! Its alot more work,, BUT,, the unibody will be stronger with a thicker guaged metal. It will also look super clean after its herculined!! Last i looked, i remember $157 for the ENTIRE pan that even had the tranny tunnel and all!!

2.) Piece by piece, cut out anything that is no longer usable and anything that has to much rust!! Then hit the remaining metal with a whire wheel using either an air or electric one that is powerfull. Clean it up good for strong welds, then u can start cutting and welding in your pieced together floors!! Pretty sure this would be less time and money then the entire floor plan,,, but just remember that ur herculined interior wont be as nice nice looking!!

Im gonna go look at some pricing myself.

there is a auto place online with a shamrock for a logo (o'reileys or something) that had the fronts for 50 a pop, only place I have seen an actual store was in Kansas but their prices were CHEAP

Let me if you find a good price cause I'm about to fill my rot with spray foam :flamemad:

I hate to be a party pooper and as much as I love Quadratec and have purchased tons of stuff from them, sorry but I had to go another route for the same pans. I purchased the exact die stamped 18ga front pair and 18ga rear pair for $ 129.00 a pair plus $ 30.00 shipping for the combined two bids, so that's $ 288.00 total from http://stores.ebay.com/CCG-Truck-and-SUV vs $ 379.96 + shipping from Quadratec :(

They look good but I used the ones from my post above and they worked out pretty well, and I couldn't argue the price.

Yours looked okay though, these just have more holes to plug I think, lol. That's okay I just received my POR-15 and Metal Ready, time to get inside this rig and start tearing up the floor covering. Any pics of your finished project ?

I have some but they are a little dark because they are from a cell phone. But anyways. I am pretty happy with how it came out. We welded where we could and riveted where we had to, but they are in and they feel solid, so I am happy. I bedlined them and undercoated the crap out of them, I don't want to do this again if I can help it.

I had a couple holes to fill.
0519091442a.jpg

0519091442b.jpg

0519091443d.jpg

I actually had thoughts of whether or not it was worth fixing, but I'm glad I fixed it.
0617091544aSmall.jpg

0617091544cSmall.jpg

bedlined.
0624091751aSmall.jpg

0624091751cSmall.jpg

I cut some outdoor carpet to use as floormats. And I put a couple boat plugs in.
0628091910bSmall.jpg

0628091911aSmall.jpg

0628091911cSmall.jpg

That came out very nice, great job. Did you cut out the old metal or just leave it in and coat it as well ? I'll post my pics once my floors panels get here, should be Thursday hopefully. Maybe over the weekend I can tackle the majority. Thanks for sharing your nightmare pics, lol.

I cut out most of what was bad. Some of it I just cleaned up real good with a wire wheel on the drill. And painted it with rust converter. Mostly, I was afraid to go too high up on the tranny tunnel, because I wanted to make sure the pans went up high enough to cover it.

I took my time and am pretty happy with it. Next I have to do the back cargo area. I think I might save that for over the winter, I want to go wheeling!

www.rockauto.com

Jeep/Cherokee/Body-Exterior

40 each floor pan!! Just seen the price, haven't seen the part, but looks like it's worth it!!

They also have replacement rockers for real cheap!!

Those are the same ones Captain got I believe, I think he paid a bit more though. The ones I received eliminate the need for cutting them. They curve around the tunnel, and original floor exactly as the originals. Now I just gotta get them finished, lol

The fit of my pans was ok, they did need to be worked a little as we went. I found the easiest thing was to use some self tapping screws to draw everything together tight, and then weld it up.

Back