• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need tire help

IthinkIcan

NAXJA Forum User
Just lifted the xj this weekend, I bought a set of thornbirds 35x12.5 for 100.00, but after doing some research I hear theses tires suck, thi sis my dd but I am hoping to get alot of trail time too, any sugestions

If this is gonna be your DD, then I would go with an all terrain tire, like the BFG AT's. you'll get a smoother ride, and less noise than mud tires. Yes, the KM-2's are a nice tire.

I've never, ever heard anything good about Thornbirds other then some people like the looks.

I've had good luck running Mud king tires. They ride well on the street, tread lasts a long time and they do pretty good off road. Nice big voids between the lugs to.

i've heard if you cut your own tread into them they work ok. only ok, not great.

i have seen the turdBirds in action & I noticed that they have very flat and large lugs, especially down the center. On a trail that was sparingly covered in snow, they could not get up a slight incline, and pair of all seasons could walk it no probs.

Just lifted the xj this weekend, I bought a set of thornbirds 35x12.5 for 100.00, but after doing some research I hear theses tires suck, thi sis my dd but I am hoping to get alot of trail time too, any sugestions

Id buy em for a hundred from ya.
but im faaaar away:doh:

SX's for the win of winners. lol

Back