• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some new wheel suggestions

cmahaff

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I have 31x10.50 duratracs on stock rims. Which i believe are 15x7? I am experiencing a bit of rub on the LCA which are Rubicon and also a bit of rub when my anti-sways are diconnected and also a bit of rub at full flex in the rear wheel well. Im looking to get some off set wheels that will allow the tire some more room. Id like the tires to stick out as little as possible while maintaining as much height as possible. The cheaper tje rim the better. Any suggestions?
b70f491c8f41eafa78d88f2532579e64.jpg
546cfc577e3333f8fc767011ff5c1fd2.jpg
cf55334e519fcfecb95eb15f5f0335f2.jpg

Hello,
I have 31x10.50 duratracs on stock rims. Which i believe are 15x7? I am experiencing a bit of rub on the LCA which are Rubicon and also a bit of rub when my anti-sway is diconnected and also a bit of rub at full flex in the rear wheel well. Im looking to get some off set wheels that will allow the tire some more room. Id like the tires to stick out as little as possible while maintaining as much height as possible. The cheaper tje rim the better. Any suggestions?
b70f491c8f41eafa78d88f2532579e64.jpg
546cfc577e3333f8fc767011ff5c1fd2.jpg
cf55334e519fcfecb95eb15f5f0335f2.jpg

Should i post this in a different section? Sorry if it seems like a silly question. I just dont know anything about wheels. Especially adding offset choices to the mix

This is the right section for asking this question.

Do you plan to run bigger tires in the future?

I personaly run stock eccos like you. I love the look. So i bought spacers. 2" up front and 1.5" out back. My 35" tuck just inside the fender lip(if my fenders were still straight).

Hypoid! I remember you. Hey dude.

Highly doubt i will ever run bigger tires
Good to see you on the board! :thumbup:

Do the wheels rub only when you turn one direction, or both directions? How much lift are you running?

I have run 31's on my budget boost, with stock wheels. Out back, I set bump stops to keep the shocks from bottoming out. With the stock back space, those 31's tucked in nicely, and did not rub.

I did not have front tires rub the control arms very often, maybe I don't turn the wheel far enough. :dunno:

Yea i wasnt able to drive it for a year so now that i can there's some stuff I need to address.

Well, when its just sitting in the driveway and i have someone lock the steering over, the fronts dont hit anything. Very close to the LCA though. However, ive been noticing some substancial rub marks on the LCAs after driving. I also hear things up front occasionally hit when i am off road and flexing. Especially when the anti-sway is disconnected.
My life is merely 1.5 or so. I tried to mimic the rough country. So i wonder if that is part of the problem.

Im not opposed to spacers if they are considered a good, safe conventional option.

I dont think my shocks are bottoming out in the rear. I think i need to run some test to find out exactly when and how im rubbing

Good quality, hub centric wheel spacers are fine. Synergy comes to mind, as well as some others.
If you really like your wheels, go that route.
I have 31x10.5R15 on sotck ZJ Canyons (same bs as XJ), they tuck in the fenders nice. Altho, I do run a mid arm kit that has more clearance that stock local arms. You can also adjust your steering stops to not rub.

I'd also go the spacer route. They are perfectly safe when installed correctly. I also think those gray eccos have a nice clean look. It might even be cheaper to buy spacers anyway compared to buying 4 wheels and having your tires dismounted from the old wheels and mounted on the new ones.

cmahaff said:
also a bit of rub at full flex in the rear wheel well...

I dont think my shocks are bottoming out in the rear. I think i need to run some test to find out exactly when and how im rubbing.
The relevance of my comment is that the rear tires stuff without rubbing. I made some 1/2" plates that bolt on top of the leaf pack using the U-Bolts. I did not do it to keep the tires from rubbing, that was just a bonus for my effort.

Well, spacers certainly seem like a cheaper option. And i have no problems with my stocks rims. Especially if i can save some cash. I suppose i can try those and then jf they dont get the desired results, maybe check bump stops and steering stops and such.
What's a good size to space? It looks as though my front already sticks out a little more than my rear. Since i think im barely rubbing in most instances im hoping i wouldnt need a lot of space

It looks like the front is sticking out more because the front of the body narrows down. Typically 1.25"-1.5" spacers work well to clear things and still allow the tires to tuck in

You may want to do some searching around. I can't put my finger on it, but I believe there is an OEM LCA from one of the Grand Cherokee models that has a bend in it that you could consider which could potentially eliminate that issue.

I have a ZJ and a WJ, and I just looked - the ZJ doesn't have the bend. My wife has the WJ out so I can't get a visual on it.

Anyway - food for thought. Try to search out that route.

I see that steering stops were mentioned also. Yes, pull the stop out and put a couple washers in that will buy you a little space on each side.

Yea i actually bought and installed WJ LCA. Without knowing i had to grind and cut the bracket. I didnt really want to do that. So i bought the rubicon. Which seemed to be fine. But under certain applications, seem to rub. Its not a huge deal, especially since the rubicons are round. But i dont like any rubbing. And since my anti sways seems to hit sometimes also, i need to try and fix it

Back