• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some help

alright put a new module in (thanks Justin) still wont start. Had a very slight stumble like it wanted to start. I thought maybe the plugs might need to be changed just because of fouling from not starting. I changed the plugs they were fouled pretty good. What else do I check? it is right there it sounds like it wants to start you can hear/feel a few of the pistons igniting just not enough to get it going. Pulling what hair i have out ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shot in the dark i read a post a while ago the kid had two alarms on his rig and forgot to reset one the starter cancel was making it not start...
you have any alarms?

No alarms
I'd appreciate the help even if it is just an extra set of hands to scratch heads lol. Thursday would be cool.

I just had it running for like 3 seconds.

It could be fuel. Some major things you need for an engine to run is compression, air, fuel, and spark. Did this thing have any kind of a miss? I don't think a clogged cat would keep it from running this long. the pressure would've blown out the seems by now. Try dissabling you fuel. Take out the coil wire from the center of the dizzy and hold it within a 1/4" of theblock. have someone crankit look for spark. That'll verfy for know whether or not it
is ignition related. If you can run a compression test. If all that is good go after fuel. See if their is air line fitting looking thing on your fuel rail. Turn the key on engine off you'll hear the fuel pump. while it is running press the center of the fitting. Like letting air outta a tire. if fuel spits out fuel is (superficially) OK up to the fuel rail. If all is still good go after the fuel injectors. Remove No.1. That's most likey to be the worst. Inspect it for obvious damage or corrosion. You could even take resistance readings at the terminals (but that's not the most dependable form of diag). If still nothing I would have to goe out there and see for myself.

PS- I hate giving tech advice

Im just at a loss, when I got it it ran fine other than not being able to go faster than 40. I drove it around the block a few times then parked it went back out a few hours later and it wouldnt start. I have fuel pressure to the manifold.

PS

My apologies to the computer gods for this tech being in the socal chapter. It is just nice to know that the people that are helping me are only a Phone call away and can in most cases be pursuaded to come by and help me with little persuasion .

yes guys help paul out!

man this is a real head scratcher indeed.

paul did you know that non- HO ie RENIX systems were adopted from renault???

you know what that means right.

your jeep wont start because its french.

Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not running right but had it running for a while. Doesnt sound like it is firing all cylinders. Gonna change the wires cap and rotor. Good possibility they got messed up while i was messing with it, I pulled the boot off one of the wires tried putting it back together but best just to replace..

So the coulprate's were the ignition module and the starter relay which I changed today and it fired right up. It was blowing a bunch of smoke. It would die if I tried giving it any gas. So I am hoping that the wires cap/rotor will fix that.

Just wanted to say thank you to all who gave a hand. I really appreciate it.

reindexthe distributerI can assure I didnt do that when we pulled it. the procedure is in your manual.

I reindexd the dist. Thought that might have been it after installing the module. Gonna try wires and cap/rotor also check to make sure the index is right<double check.

I pass moval on my way home from work. If you would like me to stop by and take a look at it I would be happy to. Sometimes another set of eyes is good. (951) 326-0645 John.

John that would be awsome if you could stop by. I am going to go get the cap and wires tonight I'll see how that works out

homebrew said:
John that would be awsome if you could stop by. I am going to go get the cap and wires tonight I'll see how that works out
hey buddy i been reading all the posible cause, and i must have miss what year is the jeep , let me know what is the status of it right now may be i can help, best if you can drag it to my shop, i have factory scan tools may be it will help .

So i changed the cap rotor and wires idles fine, but if I give it gas it stumbles and dies. What else should I check?

Thanks for the offer Chau, but it wouldnt make it out there.

Have you:

1) cleaned the throttle body

2) checked the TPS

3) checked the IAS

?

Back