• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need some help

nickangus

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so i left 2 gallons of oil on the curb to get picked up....
long story short as i was leaving tonight to go to a freinds house i drove over one of them and it blew up covering the driveway, the street, the jeep, and my mailbox in oil

so what i need to know is what is
the best way to clean up oil.....
aslo how bad is oil to have on paint and my tires since im not going to be able to clean that off till tomm morning

-nick

go to the 99cent store and buy about 10 bags of cat litter. then spread the cat litter all over your spilt oil. after you've cleaned it up right and have disposed of it properly, buy about 3 gallons of paint thinner and start scubbin! as for the jeep, wash it off AFTER you wipe it down. you'll be fine, but maybe you'll get a fine for polluting.

so after a call to the local hazmat place i ended up w/ a bag of sawdust/sand based sweeping compound and that did a really god job cleaning up the oil all thats left is a nice stain

as for getting rid of the stuff they said to bring it down and they would take care of it i didnt know this until now but there is a free hazmat drop off for residental waste for contra costa county

someone had called the cops but when they showed up since i was taking the right steps to clean it up they let it go w/ a warning

A good cleaner is a Castrol Brand Driveway Cleaner, in the purple gallon bottle, available from Walmart, Target, Kragens, etc. Advertised as biodegradable. Spray it on, use a brush to scour the area, repeat, rinse with a high pressure water nozzle. This works great especially with fresh spills.
Good luck.

D.E. For a swimming pool filter will soak it up and its cheap. Just a few bucks for a ten pound bag at a hardware store.

Back