• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need opinions, on two diffferent non jeep...

The 460 is a good solid engine with a lot of similar characteristics to the diesels just not the same torque curve or fuel mileage. There are a lot of those running well past 300k miles we have 4 at work with more than 400k each and they get beat on 5 days a week pulling trailers with skid steers and trench diggers so don't fear the dependability. Its all about proper maintenance and if you need a truck and don't want your jeep that sounds like a good deal

I have a 460 in my 29' motorhome and I hook up a 20' enclosed and load it with all the race crap. The coach and fully loaded trailer is about 19k and I get about 8 MPG while towing. I can pull the grapevine if I get a run at the bottom at 55 and the cajon the same (momentum).

Gerr is right, as long as you pay attention to the matainence you should not have a problem.

Good luck!

Back