• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Need Advice on Speakers

Audio like this all kinda depends on tast and preference, everyone is going to have a different opinion, but to me it all depends on price.

Lowest option buy a decent deck, and a good pair of 6x9's.

Next medium to high priced deck, good component system, and a 10 or 12 inch sub with amp to run it.

To get to the bottom of high end audio your going to want a very nice deck(rms doesnt matter from it because you wont use it anyways) two nice component systems, with a 4-way amp to power them both, and again one or two subs with proper power supplied.

As for brand buy what sounds best to you. I personally run kicker for everything and love it.

I have 2 6 1/2's in the front door panels, and 2 6x9's in the rear of 90 Laredo. I had to cut some to make them fit in the rear. It sounds much better than before. I am really thinking I may just get 2 8" BAzooka tubes for the rear. They are easy to move out of the way, and come powered with their own amp. I have used them before years ago, and they sound great. These are also cheap (less than $100.00 each usually)

First things first: as already noted, the worth of speakers & stereos is a highly-subjective measurement. With that out of the way:

I've got last year's equivalent to the Pioneer TS-G1341R front and rear in my XJ. They're only a 2-way speaker, but were about $35 per pair at Wal-Mart and have acceptable sound quality - bass is clear and relatively distortion-free up to high volumes, and high-range sounds are crisp. They're not too hot in the mid-range, but I suspect that's more likely down to the head unit (Alpine CDA-9856) I'm using not having a real equaliser. I listen to pretty much everything from Classical to Industrial and have found them to have very good clarity across a range of different types of music.

This is the third head unit that these speakers have been plugged into, the first having been the factory Infinity CD receiver and the second being an Alpine CDA-9851. They've worked out very well on all three and I see no reason to replace them with anything better - I've traditionally used Infinity Reference-Series units in my cars, but for one-third the price the Pioneers definitely don't suck and are staying in there until they blow out.

One other thing I'll add: any vehicle is about the worst place to listen to music due to the amount of background noise, and XJs are certainly no exception. My rationale behind choosing the Pioneers was simple: all I care about is being able to hear whatever it is I'm listening to at 80mph with the windows down. Trying to build something to audiophile standards in a vehicle with lots of tyre, wind, and body noise just didn't make sense to me on a cost/benefit level, particularly when there are mechanical items to buy for it as well. Just something to keep in mind (or ignore as you see fit :) ).

all of them are basicly good choices, but you have to take in to account you are in a jeep and how big (if you get a sub) your box wil be. just remember that you should make sure you have your priorities stright. 1. suspention 2. power 3. power 4. hot chick in passanger seat...... 36. speakers and sound system.

Back