• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Need A Knuckle! Passenger D30

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
Unless someone can assist me in repairing mine.

As most of yall know, I'm preparing for Germany and have decided to bring the XJ with me. I've been buying more parts than i can afford right now just to make it as reliable as possible.

I was reaming my knuckles for my JCR 1 ton OTK steering and had my friend take over for a minute. He reamed to far. So, my steering ball joint almost comes in contact with the passenger side knuckle.

I can look for a weld in tapered sleeve, but i don't know how strong that will be, or if i can find the right size.

I would get the insert and drill out the hole to 7/8". I have a spare knuckle , but I doubt it would be worth the cost to ship.

I ordered the insert from ruffstuff and bought a 7/8's drill bit online.

I know the junkyard down the street would want to charge me the price of an axle from a normal junk yard, just for a knuckle. Most ridiculous prices i've ever seen.

i have a few 7/8" drill bits you can have. id drill it out, weld in the insert and call it done. Ive MIG welded a bunch of the GOFERIT inserts, not the ruffstuff. probably the same deal. works great.

WFO Concepts in Auburn also carries the inserts as well.

Ya I got a few you can keep. Bought around 10 sets of the harbor freight big bits. I never use 7/8. Ever. And I only need like 4. The rest are overkill. When you want to roll through?

Back