• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need a good reaming.

Mullet Man

NAXJA Forum User
i'm going to order the JCR one ton steering (under knuckle) in the next week or two.
i was wondering if anyone around the Chicago/Rockford/N. IL (maybe even S. WI or E. IA) area had the bits (reamer and the two drill bits) to get the job done?
i could supply food and beverage of choice, as well as some gas money to whomever would come out and do it some day. or just some cash in general if thats what we worked out for the deal, really doesnt matter.
i just dont want to spend the money on the tools i will most likely never use again.
i'll have the pitman arm removed but the knuckles would still be on the Heep.

anyone up to the task?

just make sure you're using a quality reamer. i used the snap-on one and didnt have a very good experience

If you end up picking up a reamer, I might need to borrow it from ya.. the one ton steering is looking better every day.

If you are sure what size you need I could check my set. My sets not complete but I have most on them......

What other bits do you need?

Might owe me a trip to BWW. ;)

Mat

I have the snap on reamer and it has done about a half dozen steering conversions now w/o any problems. I bought it when I did my JCR 1-ton UTK steering a little over a year ago. Unfortunatly I am about 7 hours from ya :D I have let a few of the guys here in the MWC use it w/o any problems to the best of my knowledge.

well according to JCR's site, the reamer needs to be a 7* taper and the drill bits are 5/8" and optional 11/16" (to save reamer life).
i can supply the cutting oil and possibly the corded drill.

BWW's, choice case of beer, beer/soda and pizza while working, whatever as long as it is less then the cost of buying the bits, it'll work for me.

cool, let me check when I get to work tonight. Ill let you know in the morn.

Mat

I did mine my self, I had one, I don't know where it is since I moved.
I will look, if not, I know where to get one, 3/4 right?

Probably in the big box of crap you call a tool box....
Or one of the 10,000 boxes laying on the floor of your garage.

Probably in the big box of crap you call a tool box....
Or one of the 10,000 boxes laying on the floor of your garage.

Perhaps you should stop by more often, that stuff is all put away.
You were here two weeks after I moved, I have had all winter to put that crap away.

Beers in the near future?

well according to JCR's site, the reamer needs to be a 7* taper and the drill bits are 5/8" and optional 11/16" (to save reamer life).
i can supply the cutting oil and possibly the corded drill.

BWW's, choice case of beer, beer/soda and pizza while working, whatever as long as it is less then the cost of buying the bits, it'll work for me.

Naw, the one I used was straight.
Sorry.

Sorry, all I have are straight cut with a taper shank for a mag base drill. I'm not sure if they would help or not.

Sorry, all I have are straight cut with a taper shank for a mag base drill. I'm not sure if they would help or not.

yea, i dont know. it sounds like you know more about them then i do. probably not what i am after by the sounds of it tho. i appreciate you checking and offering!

I know someone here has one.
I will rack my brain.

sounds good.
it would be awesome if i dont have to buy these expensive pieces.

Back