• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I keep getting keyed!

Hackmeister

NAXJA Forum User
My Jeep got keyed AGAIN last night, even through all the snow! Someone scratched a big "X" on the gas tank cover, real deep too. This is in addition to the big mark on the drivers door from saturday night too. How do I go about keeping this person (either a crazy brother or a crazy environ-nazi) from doing it again? Either way I think the insurance company may be getting involved again, i'm getting very tired of this and my jeep needs stuff!

Kyle's a good kid, the pissing people off thing I believe is out of the question... good idea on the camera though, would be some pretty undeniable evidence haha

:flamemad:Very few things piss me off as much as getting Keyed or seeing some one key another car...
File a report with the police.. If some one gets caught keying a vehicle in the same area as yours they will likely attempt to get them to fess up to yours.

Take pictures. Good pictures to keep for records.

Fix it.

park in the same spot at the same time of day, same day of week...

Hide in the bushes with a video camera, and a baseball bat.

Take his knees out (but don't forget to shut off the camera first)

Your jeep is metal, keys are metal, electricity is your friend... :D

i think it's time to get the proper authorities involved now. i'll file a police report now and i'll be getting the insurance company in the mix again. i can't set up a motion detector since i live in a pretty busy area and it would be constantly tripped and therefore useless. i have a very good idea of who's been doing it since this is the 5th time my jeep has been keyed in the past 6 months or so - it is a very intentional target unfortunately. too bad for the douche i don't really care about what the body looks like. they may just be buying me new bumpers and shit. the first time it happened i reported it to the insurance company, they gave me $300 after my deductable which bought me rocksliders! $4 worth of touch up paint and it's good enough for me since i don't mind scratches, dings, dents and all that fun stuff.

that sucks dude, but i know what the solution is. MOVE OUT OF THE CITY.

i'm stuck in boston for another year and a half until i graduate but once i'm out of school i'm getting the hell out of boston!

Thats the problem with living in allston, too many kids walking around wasted and doing dumb shit, a month ago me and 2 of my roomates cars had been "tagged" with blue marker, it came off but still annoying. Who ever did it also hit up every car on my block.

i'll chalk off my bent antenna from the dumb drunk kids wakling around but i'm convinced these keyings are a maliciouis attack. i have a feeling my crazy evil twin (really long story) now knows where I live :firedevil

nope, he wants lockers first :)

no, i want my danm axles out of my basement and into the jeep!

i've got an appointment to get the vandalism claim checked out for saturday so let's hope they cut me a big check ontop of my $300 deductable

Id have to say do some surveillance. Take no prisoners.
I almost drove my jeep to Mission Hill the other weekend, but didnt want to leave it unattended

My Jeep got keyed AGAIN last night, even through all the snow! Someone scratched a big "X" on the gas tank cover, real deep too. This is in addition to the big mark on the drivers door from saturday night too. How do I go about keeping this person (either a crazy brother or a crazy environ-nazi) from doing it again? Either way I think the insurance company may be getting involved again, i'm getting very tired of this and my jeep needs stuff!

It was probably some Prius driving A-hole. He wants you to not waste his precious fuel, but he is too scared to tell you that to your face. So he scratches an X into your gas lid. (n)

Back