• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have Exorcised the Demon

Hylander

NAXJA Forum User
I just sold the Money Pit, AKA: 97 Cherokee
First off, this board and its members have been great, you all have been very friendly and helpful.
That being said, to make a long story short, I will Never own another
Jeep of any kind again, this was my third Cherokee and all were a mistake.
Time for a full size 4X4 Dodge Truck :wave1:

First off, this board and its members have been great, you all have been very friendly and helpful.
That being said, to make a long story short, I will Never own another
Jeep of any kind again, this was my third Cherokee and all were a mistake.
Time for a full size 4X4 Dodge Truck :wave1:

Why not?

Granted, getting a Dodge W-series is my #3 option for a pick-em-up truck:

1) pre-1974 Jeep J-series w/AMC V8
2) 1987-1992 MJ w/6-242 & manual (I've got a spare AX-15, so I can ditch a Peugeot...)
3) pre-1974 Dodge W-series w/LA-block V8 or Cummins Diesel

Why pre-1974? I don't want any more crap from the wretched Air Police out here - get out of my way and let me do things right, and I can make the engine run cleaner and more efficiently than the factory ever did...

I'd say my Maxima is 5 years and 40000 miles younger and gives me about the same amount of trouble as Cherokee does. The only difference is that Maxima troubles are more expensive.

I have to say that posting that you don't like your XJ on a XJ board is like going into a bar and announcing you don't drink. No one gives a crap, and everyone just thinks you are some idiot that should just leave.

Sucks that you have issues, I think most here still enjoy the Cherokee.

delete please :) we don't care that you dislike XJs.. im happy with mine! my Bronco has been on the back burner for 5 yrs due to the XJ...no complaints lol. and with gas at 4 dollars plus...im even more happy. i mean not that my XJ gets good mpg but much better then the BKO on 38s thats for sure. I will always own a Cherokee.....

I hate my Jeep too, but I'm not selling.

Well at least you didn't sell a really nice XJ and buy a lame ass Toyota Tacoma TRD. Only a homo would do that.

delete please :) we don't care that you dislike XJs.. im happy with mine! my Bronco has been on the back burner for 5 yrs due to the XJ...no complaints lol. and with gas at 4 dollars plus...im even more happy. i mean not that my XJ gets good mpg but much better then the BKO on 38s thats for sure. I will always own a Cherokee.....

Didn't say I dislike XJ's in general, I just Hate the ones I have had.
Also the ones I have had don't do any better on fuel than the trucks I have had. I still like seeing a nice XJ roll down the road.

No one gives a crap, and everyone just thinks you are some idiot that should just leave.

Well everyone was nice on this board, until you post you have had negative experiances with the XJ

Well at least you didn't sell a really nice XJ

Actuall I did sell a Very nice one.
I have put over $8,400 into this in the last year.

IMG_0006-1.jpg

That being said, to make a long story short, I will Never own another Jeep of any kind again

More for me! :D one of my 3 XJ's was a mistake, the 95 country. The two 97's have been/were great.

if it wasnt for my jeep id probably be additcted to crack or be an alcoholic, i just got very lucky and instantly got addicted to the XJ instead. i can honestly say it takes a similiar toll on my time and wallet, but i have alot more to show for it.

i know they say heroin is instantly addicting, but so are XJs.

he finally got out of it.
i think of it as a bittersweet farewell to the love-hate relationship.

there are some nights wrenching on it in the garage when i hate it. there are some days when i go to the gas pump and its over 60$ i hate it. parts can get expensive, i love the parts, hate the price(i dont really pay for parts though)

when i run the rubicon front to back with no breakage; i love it.

the pros for me outweigh the cons.

Well everyone was nice on this board, until you post you have had negative experiances with the XJ

Look I don't know you and I don't know if you posted that to be funny or rude or just to insult anyone that owns/likes/loves a Jeep. This is a Jeep board and you sound like you are telling us all that we are making a mistake because we own a Jeep. Is this not what you meant to do by posting your hate for the Cherokee on a XJ board?

Maybe you are right, we should all just be nice to everyone even if they are insulting us, and never say anything mean or rude ever. I will start:

Congratulations on selling your Demon Cherokee, and I am so happy for you that you will never buy another Jeep again. :D

And yes Andrey my limited edition Cherokee is my pride and joy, and I still think I made a mistake on selling my 91XJ. :moon:

I hate my Jeep too, but I'm not selling.

Well at least you didn't sell a really nice XJ and buy a lame ass Toyota Tacoma TRD. Only a homo would do that.

I still don't understand why anyone would want to buy anything with "TuRD" package. It could be the greatest sh*t ever but I don't really want any turds produced by someone else.

I have had many days where my xj almost went into the for sale section. Such a turd, but so nice too.

I still dream of trading it in on a diesel VDUB.

But it'd be such a waste. I'd lose a ton of investment.

I still don't understand why anyone would want to buy anything with "TuRD" package. It could be the greatest sh*t ever but I don't really want any turds produced by someone else.

You just want Turds produced by you?

What if you don't have the mad skills to produce a turd, and maybe you need some help with a Turd Package?

Look I don't know you and I don't know if you posted that to be funny or rude or just to insult anyone that owns/likes/loves a Jeep. This is a Jeep board and you sound like you are telling us all that we are making a mistake because we own a Jeep. Is this not what you meant to do by posting your hate for the Cherokee on a XJ board?
Maybe you are right, we should all just be nice to everyone even if they are insulting us, and never say anything mean or rude ever. I will start:
Congratulations on selling your Demon Cherokee, and I am so happy for you that you will never buy another Jeep again. :D
And yes Andrey my limited edition Cherokee is my pride and joy, and I still think I made a mistake on selling my 91XJ. :moon:

My post Wasn't meant to insult anyone, If you noticed I started out saying everyone was great and very helpful and freindly.
I was just stating my experiances with the Jeeps I have owned.
In my next post I wrote how I still like seeing a nice XJ roll down the road.
I never said anything about anyone here making a mistake by owning a Jeep. I said every one I have owned was a mistake, I bought bad ones
I know several people that have great ones, I just didn't, so I thinmk it is time for me to move onto a differant vehichle.
Again, I thank everyone here that tried to help me get mine going

You just want Turds produced by you?

What if you don't have the mad skills to produce a turd, and maybe you need some help with a Turd Package?

With the way I drive, I've never had a problem producing turds. Though I can understand what you are saying.

Switching from XJ's to Toy's is seriously homo. Who in the world would do that??

Oh, yeah..........him. :moon:

Back