• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got intimate with a sawzall this weekend...

ladywolf said:
Whatever you do, don't paint it pink, or any other wussy color! Red, blue, green, and black are always good ones, unless you are going custom. BTW in case anyone was wondering, WE ARE ALMOST OUT OF IRAQ!!! Should be gettin ready to head out of here soon, been packing everything up. Boy is it time to get out of here. A year out here is more than anyone should spend. Hope to see yall soon!

Kristen

Hoo-ah, and here's to a safe and speedy return. All the way.

I smell a party...

Yeah I like the way you slid it under the roof and over the window rails, seems like it would save alot of hassles.

I'm in the same boat as Tim, I need the additional room. But I've always wanted to do one of these, I remember looking at my old XJ about 8 years ago and thinking about doing it. Maybe I'll get a wild hair and build a crew cab MJ instead.

Can't wait to see the midgate. When you get it mostly done why don't you test the bed out by transporting some Rum and a 1/2 rack of pepsi over to my house,...that way I can check it out in person too :viking:

Willis said:
For under the cab, I plan to enclose that in with some sort of a fold down door, so I can lay down my back seat, lay down the door, then slide long items (like axles) in through the bed and under the cab.
How about having it fold up so it won't be laying there getting smashed/banged/ruined when you lay things in the back? :dunno:

ladywolf said:
Whatever you do, don't paint it pink, or any other wussy color! Red, blue, green, and black are always good ones, unless you are going custom. BTW in case anyone was wondering, WE ARE ALMOST OUT OF IRAQ!!! Should be gettin ready to head out of here soon, been packing everything up. Boy is it time to get out of here. A year out here is more than anyone should spend. Hope to see yall soon!

Kristen

We got some 360 Challenge Stradales in with a new color just for that model that is called Scuderia Rossa (or Team Red). It's a red/orange color and looks very cool. I'm thinking it would be nice, but depends on the price, reds are typically more expensive than any other colors.

Congrats on coming home soon!!!

Shanbo44 said:
Sooo... would your sawzall like to get intimate with my Jeep sometime soon?!

It's a fun project, but I don't know if I'd do it again. It takes a lot of measurement, cut, then trim, trim, trim till it fits. I must have cut every cut 4 or 5 times. It's taxing to say the least.

cherokeekid said:
Can't wait to see the midgate. When you get it mostly done why don't you test the bed out by transporting some Rum and a 1/2 rack of pepsi over to my house,...that way I can check it out in person too

Sounds like a deal :D But it's going to be some really skunky beer so I can be entertained by watching you try to choke it down :laugh3:

TRNDRVR said:
How about having it fold up so it won't be laying there getting smashed/banged/ruined when you lay things in the back?

Not a bad idea Dan. I'll think about that.

Steve

JJ13 said:
Man that is looking good...next time give a brother a call so I can come help you tear up your stuff :clap:

I will, and you got me thinking: Would you be up to dove-tailing my XJ some weekend? I'd also like to raise my fuel tank up a couple inches too.

Steve

EDIT: By the sounds of it, you have more room than my one car garage. I can come down for the weekend or something.

Willis said:
I will, and you got me thinking: Would you be up to dove-tailing my XJ some weekend? I'd also like to raise my fuel tank up a couple inches too.

Steve

I may sound crazy but Ide like to lend a hand on that project. Let me know.

Timb said:
I may sound crazy but Ide like to lend a hand on that project. Let me know.

We could probably make that work. 3 guys may be too many, but ya never know till ya try. It would all depend on the space we have. 3 guys in a one car garage (like mine) would be too busy (unless you like someone's elbow in your arse while you work cause it's too cramped :D ). We'll have to see.

Judd also lives in Longview. Don't know if that's doable for ya.

Steve

Wish I could be there to see you guys hack willis' stuff! <---grease monkey all the way. If it's mechanic and can be taken apart and put back together, i'm all for it. Why rum and pepsi? Rum and dr pepper work really good too (dr pepper and cpt morgan...mmmm...) anyhow. Mebbe we can all get together for a day of wheelin or somethin when I get back from the sandbox. I've definitely got plenty of work to do on my cherokee, whether in germany or back stateside, if i come down on orders. new bumpers, lift kit, YSE, shocks, lots of work, and any help would be the bomb! Any good tips for the lift kit? Thanks guys, for all the support, hope to meet yall soon!

Kristen

Willis said:

Steve

EDIT: By the sounds of it, you have more room than my one car garage. I can come down for the weekend or something.
I am always down for hacking up someone elses junk...I will be moving in a few weeks and will have a 20 x 30 shop to do it in...one problem though, momma gets new paint and carpet before I can cut a hole in the wall of the shop space and install a garage door. So we can either do it when the weather is nice or as soon as I get a garage door. :wave1:

Last edited:
JJ13 said:
I am always down for hacking up someone elses junk...I will be moving in a few weeks and will have a 20 x 30 shop to do it in...one problem though, momma gets new paint and carpet before I can cut a hole in the wall of the shop space and install a garage door. So we can either do it when the weather is nice or as soon as I get a garage door. :wave1:

Sounds good! Thanks...

Steve

Timb said:
I may sound crazy, because I am, I am insane in the membrane

yeah :confused1

Pepsi, because Coke is nasty,

don't worry Steve I've been practicing the beer thing, started out with Curs Light :wierd:

ladywolf said:
Wish I could be there to see you guys hack willis' stuff! <---grease monkey all the way. If it's mechanic and can be taken apart and put back together, i'm all for it. Why rum and pepsi? Rum and dr pepper work really good too (dr pepper and cpt morgan...mmmm...) anyhow. Mebbe we can all get together for a day of wheelin or somethin when I get back from the sandbox. I've definitely got plenty of work to do on my cherokee, whether in germany or back stateside, if i come down on orders. new bumpers, lift kit, YSE, shocks, lots of work, and any help would be the bomb! Any good tips for the lift kit? Thanks guys, for all the support, hope to meet yall soon!

Kristen
ahhhhhhhh Dr p and captin is sweet but have you tried morgan silver with dr p its even better :cheers:

REDXJ4FUN said:
ahhhhhhhh Dr p and captin is sweet but have you tried morgan silver with dr p its even better :cheers:

nope i havent tried that yet but i will definitely do so on the first chance back in germany. hope to see yall soon, wish me luck on my soon to be 40 hour convoy all the way back down to kuwait. only thing that really sucks is i'm driving a 5ton bobtail truck w/ a lowboy trailer (can you say slow and bouncy???) i'd much rather ride in a 47 willys w/ no sliders on the seat.

Back