• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i failed =_[

jump in HCs and jump in NO (even higher than your 1st test), indicates higher cylinder temps IIRC, i would run that seafoam out of the tank and go in there with just straight gas man, especially after that tune up.

what part number plugs did you put in there? maybe going to a cooler heat range plug would help :dunno:

Ya I'm gonna not have sea foam in it for the next time.
Part number I'm not sure I just know there the Bosch platinum with irredium or something like that, they have four prongs instead of one.
my cat is still the stock one and to my knowledge its good I'm pretty sure if anything its my o2 sensor

as i said earlier though it's pretty unlikely that your o2 sensor would just go bad and make the numbers jump up like that.

did your old plugs look bad? rounded tips? covered in black carbon deposits? a bad o2 sensor would make it run rich, usually leaving a coating of black soot on the plugs.

Ya I'm gonna not have sea foam in it for the next time.
Part number I'm not sure I just know there the Bosch platinum with irredium or something like that, they have four prongs instead of one.
my cat is still the stock one and to my knowledge its good I'm pretty sure if anything its my o2 sensor
I'd get rid of those plugs, ricer plugs don't really benefit the 4.0 and usually make it worse. Champions or NGKs are fine in it though, and cheap as hell so why not?

Run the Seafoam out of it, change the plugs and add some acetone. Good luck. :D

i feel your pain i went through this today but luckily did an adjustment and it came into tolerance and passed . thank god for good christian mechanics...

What year rig?

I am assuming it is an HO with those numbers.

Changing the cat won't change that high NOX. That number is from higher temperatures in the combustion chamber.

I remember something someone mentioned on a Honda forum that I'm also on, is that they successfully passed after failing by running with a partial tank of denatured alcohol. I've read of people running it straight, but maybe go with half and half to be safe?

change the oil, add a bottle of "heet" or "iso-heet" to the tank, fill it up around halfway with regular(not super), drive it around to warm it up real good, then take it to be tested. unless you have an actual serious mechanical issue, you should pass fine, seeing as how the plugs, etc have been replaced. this has never failed me, not even once. and i've gotten three previously failing cars to pass doing only these things. good luck!
I remember something someone mentioned on a Honda forum that I'm also on, is that they successfully passed after failing by running with a partial tank of denatured alcohol. I've read of people running it straight, but maybe go with half and half to be safe?

Looking at the numbers from the 2 tests and from what you said you did between them here are some realistic recomendations

1: get rid of the sea foam in the tank its been known to hurt numbers for both hc's and nox. To be honest if it was a carbed motor acetone or alcohol might help but in a injected motor it does nothing more than clean the injectors and ruin the filters

2: get rid of the bosh+4's for some of the cheap copper core plugs for the renix era 4.0 they are cooler than the HO copper cores by one step and will help with the nox some

If you have oversize tires and stock gears then put some midget tires on and run it. The extra strain on the engine could be causung the high numbers

Your O2 and cat are working or your numbers would be worst than the bearly high readings you have

Just my opinon

Back