• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am soooo done with this xj... please help me search for a "better" one..

spikyhair87

NAXJA Forum User
so after the pretty much constant "Troubles" with my 93 cherokee:flamemad: ever since i got it im considering looking for a newer Cherokee and swapping over the axles,lift,sye, bumper, etc....

im looking for something 97+, with an 8.25, and with less then 200k....

but here is the kicker.... for around 1500 bucks....

i know its really hard to find what im looking for... well atleast where i live...

so guys can ya help me out....

i plan on swapping over my stuff and put the stock stuff back onto mine so i can sell it for really cheap.... the trans is slipping and i have a major oil leak... and i think at this point it will be easier to swap.....

any input or know of anything for sale??

Thanks...

.... f'ing heep..:flamemad:

Re: I am soooo done with this xj... please help me search for a "better" one..

Dude, they all have problems. Your next one will just have different ones.

ya i hear ya but i dont think that it will have nearly 300k...

and it wont have a f'd up tranny...
and it wont have a crank on the block or whatever is causing this massive oil leak onto my block and causing a trail of black smoke to follow me everywhere and almost fill up my cab.....

it also wont pop out of gear while going 40-50 mph....
it wont also have a LARGE bang or clunk whenever i put it into any gear...
it wont die when i stop at stop lights....

it wont just die for no reason while going 60mph....

sry im just DONE with it.. i understand that a new tranny and possibly an easy fix will correct these issues.. but this thing has been giving me headaches for too long.. and i have tried to correct many of these issues and now im just done....

thanks for listen to my rant....

but now i just looking for something that is a 4x4,auto,97+, with less than 200k... yes i know this one will have some issues too or chould have issues.... but nothing like the one i have....

yes i know im pretty much searching for gold... lol
it just that i have some money saved to get a new set of tires (about 700) and really would rather have a more reliable jeep then tires... and a friend says he will give me a couple hundred for the axle of the "new" jeep and ill just swap everything over..

btw thanks for the above link!!

any advise is welcome!!

Thanks...

best I could find . . . . . . . .

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ion=&max_price=2500&cardist=32&standard=false

probly out of your price range, If you still have your dd just drive that around for a while, and keep saving up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:2|39:1|240:1318

^ keep an eye on this one, no reserve, its at 1100$ right now w/ 2 days left. base model and only 104k. steel rims, but you'd scrap those anyway. in chatham IL wherever that is.

good luck!

thanks guys... i sent an email for the one above...

please keep me updated!! i really am thankful!! it certainly will be nice to be able to drive the jeep and not worry about finding a way to get home after it breaks down... :wierd:

best I could find . . . . . . . .

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ion=&max_price=2500&cardist=32&standard=false

probly out of your price range, If you still have your dd just drive that around for a while, and keep saving up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:2|39:1|240:1318

^ keep an eye on this one, no reserve, its at 1100$ right now w/ 2 days left. base model and only 104k. steel rims, but you'd scrap those anyway. in chatham IL wherever that is.

good luck!

that ebay one would be a great candidate for a wheeler jeep...no frills and in a newer model...

mac 'has too many' gyvr

that ebay one would be a great candidate for a wheeler jeep...no frills and in a newer model...

mac 'has too many' gyvr

i agree but im afraid it is going to be out of my budget... :( lol its already at 1600 which is really basically over budget... oo well im not really in that big of hurry but would like to wheel this summer...

I DD a 90 red four door cherokee. It is rusty on the rockers and doors. Runs and drives great everyday. Come and get it for $500.00. Looking at another two door.

Kim

I DD a 90 red four door cherokee. It is rusty on the rockers and doors. Runs and drives great everyday. Come and get it for $500.00. Looking at another two door.

Kim

good price! but too far away and im looking to go newer!! thanks

well the red 97 doesnt look like it is going to work out (one jeepmike posted) anyone have anything else worth checking out?

Thanks!

my little brother just got one yesturday. greatest find ever he picked up a 98 xj from a old man whos wife bought it new. she passed away before winter so his son drove it through winter and then they sold it for 1300 with only 56582k on it. i was so pissed

my little brother just got one yesturday. greatest find ever he picked up a 98 xj from a old man whos wife bought it new. she passed away before winter so his son drove it through winter and then they sold it for 1300 with only 56582k on it. i was so pissed

where was that posted?? lol to late anyways... :( does he want to sell it for 1500? lol

he saw it in a drive way near ohare. it never moved he said so he knocked on the door and asked if thed sell it and they did great deal for him.

he saw it in a drive way near ohare. it never moved he said so he knocked on the door and asked if thed sell it and they did great deal for him.

Nice.... well if you find something decent please let me know...

ANYONE?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

Isn't your current one, Rocketman Rob's old one???

Isn't your current one, Rocketman Rob's old one???

yup... and apparently the people would had it after him beat on it.... plus they changed the speedo to one that had 181,xxx and when he sold it, it had 240,xxx.... so im guessing it has around 300,000 miles....

the tranny keeps slipping.... wont shift into 2nd unless your rev up to 4500k... then when it does if you let off the gas it comes outta gear...
then it wont pop back into 2nd... finally it starts to grab in first again after losing lots of speed.....

real pain when trying to drive in 30-45 mph stop and go traffic.... semi's tailgating the crap out of ya etc.... NOT GOOD....

then there is this really bad leak coming from the back of the head area where the head meets the block... sooooo much smoke... it started to fill the cab! plus there was a nice smoke cloud behind the jeep for like a 1/4 mile...

leaks sooo much oil it loses a quart each time i drive..... it is burning it internally and due to the nasty leak....

it also is leaking tranny fluid really bad.....
it also some how gets water into the tranny everytime it rains..(wtf???) so that might have to due with the slipping problems....

(btw im open to trade offers lol )

im just soooo done....

plan on taking off the 4.5 RE superflex and the 2" spacers and sye, bumper, dana 44 with powertrax.... maybe the "cool" valve cover.... and transfering that to a "new" jeep that could be used as a DD....

no this jeep isnt going to be my DD but i am looking for reliablity... i cant stand to worry any more (always wondering if the jeep will make it home or if ill have to get it towed...) so currently im paying 175 a MONTH for insurance (clean record... 21... ) yes a MONTH.... and driving it MAYBE once a month.... not cool... so i need something different....

Thanks... im done now... anyone can offer advice!!! please DO!!!!

Ben...

Back