• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am off to start anew...

IcedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys it looks like it is tiem for me to leave...I have just had the only other birth parent walk out on me.

So my dad stopped talking to me 7 years ago, and now my mom today.

I have no more cellphone, health insurance through her job, and no more Jeep.

I will be heading out...I will make note of all these website so i can come back and let everyone know whats up...

I was having issues at home, I am nearly 21 and I am being treated like 12. I brought it up calmly just to ask for some respect to show me that I am no longer a young teen. My family has equated things to material items, but that is no measure of love...and issues arose, and the control thing broke the camels back persay.

IcedXJ said:
I was having issues at home, I am nearly 21 and I am being treated like 12. I brought it up calmly just to ask for some respect to show me that I am no longer a young teen. My family has equated things to material items, but that is no measure of love...and issues arose, and the control thing broke the camels back persay.
21 is too old to be home anyway.

Not putting you down. I was home at 21 too. Just saying...sounds like its time to move on with life anyway.

well see I am home and in school...I was going to go to Purdue, but she tore up all the damn papers...so I am off to find a new thing for myself.

I mean I was at school locally for a year and that is why I am at home.

Good luck.

It's tough, but you'll feel better about yourself when you're "Paddlin' your own canoe" than you ever felt living at home.

Work hard, be honest and stand your ground when your sure your right.

Earn respect, don't expect it.

Ironmen77 said:
Earn respect, don't expect it.

I do that...I never expect any I earn it. and I am honest I am probably one of the best people to come to when you have a question or need help..

And to be quite frank I am heading to Oklahoma, so I may see ya around.

Nothing is stopping you from going to Purdue, call them up and get more "papers" You can easily live in Indiana, and go to school probably cheaper than it would cost you to stay in California.

not sure how I am going to get there...or where I am gonna live..I have until June of next year, technically, so maybe I use this time to get myself setup on my own and save money...

Come on. Tempature always in the 70's, it only rains after midnite and we usually have a gentle breeze to keep you cool.

sorry to hear that man, itll only make u a stronger person in the end. Im workin my ass off to have my food bought for me and a place to live. Soon enough tho ill be on my own and in the same boat as u. Let us know how it turns out and the best of luck my friend!

IcedXJ said:
well see I am home and in school...I was going to go to Purdue, but she tore up all the damn papers...so I am off to find a new thing for myself.

I mean I was at school locally for a year and that is why I am at home.
Sounds like it's time to work, find a place to stay, and continue to go to school. At 21 years old, you're prepared to stand on your own.

Sorry to hear about the falling out with your parents. I remember when I was threatened to have "my plate broken". I was 18 years old, and thought I was an "adult". That's when I made up my mind that it was time.

Get out there and be an "adult". Then, when you have things under control, go back and mend things with your parents.

Les

ya with both...I decided to not live with my dad 7 years ago b/c I did not like San Francisco and he said that was it so that ended, got here and now this is ending...but I am actually excited.

LBEXJ said:
Sounds like it's time to work, find a place to stay, and continue to go to school. At 21 years old, you're prepared to stand on your own.

Sorry to hear about the falling out with your parents. I remember when I was threatened to have "my plate broken". I was 18 years old, and thought I was an "adult". That's when I made up my mind that it was time.

Get out there and be an "adult". Then, when you have things under control, go back and mend things with your parents.

Les

x2.

Good luck with everything.

I too left when I was 18. Been on my own since then. Happily. :peace:

What happened to the XJ, if you dont mind me askin?

Back