• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*^%*hyh*^ CLUTCH $#@#H**J(

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
The clutch went out this morning. No warning, backed out of the driveway, and then I could not shift it into 1st or 2nd, only reverse. The pedal goes all the way to the floor. So in order to put it back in the driveway I had to drive in backwards.

It's probably the MC or the SC. The only thing is I had the SC & Clutch replaced about 6 years a go and have put very little milleage on it .

I'm pretty ticked, since I think I figured out my ignition problem that arised a few weeks ago. I was actually considering a trial run around the 22. I guess I'll be fixing my clutch now.:smsoap:

Tell me about it. It has just been problem after problem this summer. I havent been out since May. But at least I have a new everything.

ChuckD said:
The clutch went out this morning. No warning, backed out of the driveway, and then I could not shift it into 1st or 2nd, only reverse. The pedal goes all the way to the floor. So in order to put it back in the driveway I had to drive in backwards.

It's probably the MC or the SC. The only thing is I had the SC & Clutch replaced about 6 years a go and have put very little milleage on it .

I'm pretty ticked, since I think I figured out my ignition problem that arised a few weeks ago. I was actually considering a trial run around the 22. I guess I'll be fixing my clutch now.:smsoap:

Hey Chuck sorry to hear your wows. I'll be up doing some camping the 26th and 27th up in the swamp route area if you want to join.

Doh!

Rev Den said:
Ummm...Check the fluid? Is it going somewhere? The level should not change enough to cause failure, if it has...you got a leak.

Rev
x2.
Mine was the clutch hose, and running the MC dry damaged it too. Replaced both and it hasn't lost a drop in 6 months.

Back