• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hydro assist/bumpsteer question

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
I am almost finished mocking my three link and steering on my 93 with 60's. Due to space constraints I could only get the track bar within 1 3/4 inches of the drag link. This rig will have hydro assist. My question is there will obviously be some bumpsteer with the drag link and track bar not the same length will the hydro help absorb some of it? I don't know a single person running assist so to those who have assist will it help it drive ok? Lots of street miles on this one. Thanks

Having bumpsteer and it being obvious are different. Mine drives fine on the street with assist. My track bar vs draglink lengths are farther apart than yours. Assist won't effect anything. It won't turn unless you give it input so by your rig having bumpsteer, it won't effect the steering any more than if you were not to have assist. I guess it could help with bumpsteer some since it may resist moving without input but at the same time the ram it still tied to the steering via fluid

Last edited:
No tons but I am running a custom 3-link with the upper on the passenger side. I'm running about 5.5" of lift with an RE HD track bar bracket and brace with a straight track bar and JKS OTA bracket and WJ knuckles

Are you on tons? Three link? just wondering have no frame of reference. Everyone I know just has some kind of bolt on kit.

Tons and 3 link have absolutely nothing to do with steering geometry.

1.75" off in length will have no bumpsteer effect at ride height, even if its not mathematically perfect.

A bit of angle difference at ride height may cause a bit of bumpsteer, but assuming things are fairly flatish you're talking about a 3/16" jiggle of the steering wheel when you hit a speed bump, and nothing to worry about.

Back