• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How would I add...

So everytime I ask a question is another member just going to ask another question that is off topic and doesn't contribute to the thread posters original intent ?

There is a relay for it under the drivers side dash.I think its plug and play the head light switch is the same .My relay was sticking took it apart cleaned and works fine now .From what I could see plugs in between the light switch and the wire loom.When I get time can check to make sure .

The Headlight delay is part of a lighting package. My Laredo has the delay but not the interior delay. The interior delay is associated with the alarm package, I think. My 92 has both. My 97 GC also has both and it is a limited with alarm as well.
If you really want to know, you need an electrical schematic to figure it out.

Dobbs said:
There is a relay for it under the drivers side dash.I think its plug and play the head light switch is the same .My relay was sticking took it apart cleaned and works fine now .From what I could see plugs in between the light switch and the wire loom.When I get time can check to make sure .

Thanks. I'll check tommorrow and maybe get a relay and see if the headligts are delayed.

sjx40250 said:
The Headlight delay is part of a lighting package. My Laredo has the delay but not the interior delay. The interior delay is associated with the alarm package, I think. My 92 has both. My 97 GC also has both and it is a limited with alarm as well.
If you really want to know, you need an electrical schematic to figure it out.

I have access to shop key so schematics aren't a problem, the problem is they make my head spin when I try to read them.

The headlamp delay module is just a plug and play add on. I've added it to both of my 97 XJ's. My 87 already had it and it has a very similiar module (looks just like a relay) that if unpluged, yours headlights just function normally with no delay.

The module for the 97+ run about $53 from the dealer. The earlier style should be about the same. I got mine from the junkyard for 2 bucks each.

As for the interior light, while mine doesn't dim, it will shut off on about a 30 second delay -if- you have keyless entry. If you use the keyless entry to unlock the Jeep, the dome lights come on for 30 seconds to allow illuminated access. Locking the Jeep with the keyless shuts off the interior lights.
All you need to do to get the delay exit lighting is is hit the unlock button on the keyless fob when you get out of the Jeep then hit the power lock button on the drivers door before you close it. You will now have 30 seconds before the interior lights shutoff regardless if you still have other doors still open for unloading or even the rear hatch. How to add the dimming at the end of the 30 seconds, I have no idea.

JEEPZZ said:
The headlamp delay module is just a plug and play add on. I've added it to both of my 97 XJ's. My 87 already had it and it has a very similiar module (looks just like a relay) that if unpluged, yours headlights just function normally with no delay.

The module for the 97+ run about $53 from the dealer. The earlier style should be about the same. I got mine from the junkyard for 2 bucks each.

As for the interior light, while mine doesn't dim, it will shut off on about a 30 second delay -if- you have keyless entry. If you use the keyless entry to unlock the Jeep, the dome lights come on for 30 seconds to allow illuminated access. Locking the Jeep with the keyless shuts off the interior lights.
All you need to do to get the delay exit lighting is is hit the unlock button on the keyless fob when you get out of the Jeep then hit the power lock button on the drivers door before you close it. You will now have 30 seconds before the interior lights shutoff regardless if you still have other doors still open for unloading or even the rear hatch. How to add the dimming at the end of the 30 seconds, I have no idea.

thanks, that was ALOT of help. I have keyless entry just no key fob. the module is "like" a relay that is under the dash ? I can go to a junkyard and look around for one.

My 92 has keyless entery but my dome light dose not come on.Any idais there I looked at my relay for headlight delay and its plug and play like I thought it was .and like was said in the last post.Is there a relay for the keyless entery lights if so where.

Back