• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how was your weekend?

Got my brake system working (first time the brake light has stayed off in over a year.) Replaced radiator hoses but the lower is still leaking. I need to go pull some xfer case linkage from the yard and install my front Aussie.

Left Thursday after work and headed down to Medford, OR. Got a hotel about 1am. Woke up Friday, had breakfast at Sheri's. Drove to the Mystery House at the Oregon Vortex. That place was perty damn cool.

After that, drove to Lake Shasta. Showed up 15 min too late to take the Shasta Caverns tour so me moseyed around the lake for a bit. Saw the dam, swam a bit, then drove into Redding, CA to get a hotel and some food. Had 2 double double's from In and Out. Best. Ever. Scooped out some hotties at the hotel, drank a few beers with them, passed out.

Saturday, we drove back up to the Shasta Caverns. Took the tour. Headed back into Redding for some more In and Out. Then took off on hwy. 3 toward Eureka, CA. What a drive. Beautiful scenery, lots of twists and turns, lots of passes and hills, perfect blue skys, that drive kicked ass. When we got on the coast, clouds of course. Drove up through the Redwood Forest. Hikes some, got lost, found our way out. Headed back toward Eureka for a hotel. Stopped on the beach, played with a seal and took some pics of it. Weather sucked, it was actually cold.

Got back to Eureka, couldnt find a hotel. Some sort of hippie Kinetic Machine races. Stopped at the Lost Coast Brewery for some food and some good beer. Food kicked ass, real good. Beer was even better. The IPA and the Hefe were kick ass. Finally found a hotel room. 2 friends crashed, I went back to the bar to taste what other beers they had. That was a long night.

Sunday, he headed out, drove up 101N. Saw some more of the Redwoods. Stopped off in some town on the Oregon coast, beautiful beach, took a swim in the ocean, relaxed for a few hours in the sun. Got a bite to eat at some hole in the wall in Bandon, OR. The burger I had was one of the best. Clam chowder was also real good. Then headed out on 199(?) to I5. Ran into some 'Good Ole' Boys' outside of Bandon, town was Ten Mile(?) I think. Drunk as a skunk 3 dudes in an F150 driving like assholes and throwing beer cans out the window.

Headed up I5 Sunday night, got back in town around 11.

Long ass weekend, but it was all worth it.

Last edited:
Broke a rear shaft, c-clip D-35... DOH!!! Stayed w/ Jeep overnight and had a buddy get me a shaft out of his heep.. fixed it on the trail... drove it home... time for a D-44... or better yet narrow my 8 3/4...

I'm surprised to hear this, you seemed to always take it pretty easy.

Which trail did you break on? Did it break at the splines?

Weekend good for the most part.

Installed 3.5" lift on my 92 XJ Laredo. :) Got severely dicked around by 2 Grade8 studs snapping off in their threads when I was going to do my transfer case drop.

That took a while to deal with but got it done. Destroyed 6 drill bits in the process and drew a bit of blood on my part but hey that is just part of the fun hehe.

IMG_1810S.jpg

Only thing left is to extend the brake line in the rear before I can thrash on it.

Savin $$ for 31x10.5R15's an puttin them on Jeep 5 spokes and gettin rid of those ugly ass whatever those are on there now lol.

Went camping with Eric, Darren and a bunch of other people. Eric's tube doors made the 70 mile drive enjoyable.... untill we were behind a camper on the logging road. Friday.... I don't really remember. Saturday I saw an empty fifth of captains. We made a put put golf course at our camp site. Then got drunk. Sunday we went to a couple Clatskinie garage sales, then got drunk. Sunday night Eric's fiance showed up and tried to ruin the trip for everyone. Monday we cleaned up the site, no one wanted to haul any garbage, so eric and I had to smell it all the way home:passgas:

Back