• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to make my rear flex more and my front less??(pics)

When it come to breaking in rear springs, I know adding weight to the rear for a while and going out flexin will loosen them up... what about keeping the front swaybar connected while you do that, so it forces the rear to do all the work? Or would that just wear out your front swaybar?

JEONLYEP said:
My bet is......

That the problem has been taken care of sometime in the last two years! :D

Daryl

For that guy... but what about the rest of us? I just thought it was better to ask here than starting a whole new thread.

kristoffers said:
JEONLYEP said:
My bet is......

That the problem has been taken care of sometime in the last two years! :D

Daryl
For that guy... but what about the rest of us? I just thought it was better to ask here than starting a whole new thread.

Okay, But I tend to dismiss old threads that have been drug up from the past. If the answer to your question wasn't in the old thread, I would think that a new thread would have a better chance to answer a question.

But that might just be me.

Daryl

well since this has been brought back lately, I'll give my thoughts.

I'm pretty much with goatman all the way on this.

I run RE1462's. I removed the smallest leaf, and added the largest nonbushing leaf from an XJ upcountry pack. This kept me the same ride height, a little softer, and little less capacity. I'm fine with less load though.

I went for a little longer shackle, YJ style, and moved it out of the box (Crash has/had the same type of set-up and I think Capt. nemo has it done as well)...this will give free swing, and not have to worry about it hitting the box...that helps out a lot, and is not too much work.

as goatmand said and did...traction bar...with flat and/or softer springs, you'll just destroy what you have done. I have also done the same. If it's made correctly, it wil not limit flex, so don't listen to dummies that say that.

Xjoachim...some do seem to like the stiffer rear, but being in a situation where you're coming down a ledge off camber, the front is taking all the flex being already off the ledge, and the rear stays stiff...that's when you're going over, it has scared me many many times because of this, and that's why I worked so much with the rear end. I have only wheeled with my set-up a few times so far and I am already MUCH happier with it. To me a balanced set-up is much more stable that a stiff set-up.

kristoffers....it would hurt to do that a few times...I wouldn't go wheeling with the front sway bar on, but take it around with it on and max out the rear a few times...both sides. just repeat a few times...like ed said..give them some lovin'.

I remember a few years ago with my stock RE leaves, I had to pick up patio brick...which came out to a few hundred pounds, and almsot bottomed out my rear just sitting there. I had no ill effects and it definitely softened them up noticably after only a 20 minute drive home. So load up until your rear end drops and inch or so and just forget they're in there for a while.

_nicko_

Back