• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to go from 10 to 17mpg (city) with RENIX

Just for information:

I DID run injector cleaner on my old RENIX injector without noticing any difference afterwards... I used a product from FORTE, that we sell at the workshop where I work. It has a really good reputation over here (Norway) and is very expensive... This one bottle actually cost me about the same as I paid for the injectors.... (60$)

(Note- This is the kind of cleaner that is put in the fuel tank along with about 5 gallons of fuel.)

Just for information:

I DID run injector cleaner on my old RENIX injector without noticing any difference afterwards... I used a product from FORTE, that we sell at the workshop where I work. It has a really good reputation over here (Norway) and is very expensive... This one bottle actually cost me about the same as I paid for the injectors.... (60$)

(Note- This is the kind of cleaner that is put in the fuel tank along with about 5 gallons of fuel.)

Do a search on the internet about using acetone as a fuel additive.

Are you using ethanol in Norway?

Do a search on the internet about using acetone as a fuel additive.

Are you using ethanol in Norway?

Well, they do have E85 pumps in the bigger cities, but as I live in a somewhat remote are I don't have access to it....

As for acetone in the fuel, I really don't know but I'm VEEERY sceptical to methods not used/recommended by the larger car manufacturers... Those guys put billions of dollars into research to make the car go a few more feet per gallon, in order to meet govt. emission standards (at least in Europe :) ), and I can't believe anynything would stop Toyota, VW or others from using this even if the effect was only half as good as claimed on many web pages... Same goes for the magnet trick...

I'm sooo sick of people telling me "I know a guy who put magnets on his fuel lines, and now he gets twice the milage" or something to that effect. Then they tell me the car manufacturers don't use this because it's patented and only the patent holder can sell them... And the company selling them is a lousy two-man enterprise not big enough to get stuck between Fords teeth should they decide to swallow them...

EVERYONE REMEMBER THESE WISE WORD:
"NOONE is better at decieving YOU than you are! Keep that in mind when considering what to believe!

Authors note: :shhh:
I think it's a conspiracy, where they use peoples fear of conspiracies by the oil companies, to make money somehow... That's rich, isn't it? Me believing that there's a conspiracy to make people believe there's another conspiracy.... And people falling for it... Now my mind is so messed up by this conspiracy conspiracy I don't know who is conspiring against whom, or who is making money of it... I know it's not me, for sure...

Sorry... Hard day, late night, too much coffee etc. You know the feeling...

Here we are now mandated E15, 15 % ethanol mixed with Dino fuel. E85 is 85 % ethanol and can only be used in the special "multi-fuel" vehicles.

I have never tried the acetone, but it makes me curious. I don't hold much for miracle-in-can or magnets or even the "Tornado" intake toys--just hype IMHO.

Happy Trails.

I'm planning on upgrading the injectors in my LT-1, then putting my LT-1 Injectors on my Renix.. so I get two upgrades in one purchase...

Dang hippie recyclers! Just kidding!

Last edited:
It may have been the difference between a Saturated driver and a peak & hold driver as to why 96-98 injectors are a bit more. My FIs plugs are std Bosch style like most fords. Might be some measurements are a bit different as to not fit in the 4.0 HO style rails and intake ports.

Still cheaper then OEM or parts store and better then used. Lifetime warranty. Matched and rebuilt from the ground up like the racing ones.

Either way it made a huge difference and I am satisfied with the cost considering most replacement FIs are in the 40-80 $$ each range.

It may have been the difference between a Saturated driver and a peak & hold driver as to why 96-98 injectors are a bit more. My FIs plugs are std Bosch style like most fords. Might be some measurements are a bit different as to not fit in the 4.0 HO style rails and intake ports.

Still cheaper then OEM or parts store and better then used. Lifetime warranty. Matched and rebuilt from the ground up like the racing ones.

Either way it made a huge difference and I am satisfied with the cost considering most replacement FIs are in the 40-80 $$ each range.

curious about this. What years (xj) were saturated injectors, and which years were peak + hold?

Same for the ford ones. I've got a 94 cherokee and wouldnt mind swapping mine out.

curious about this. What years (xj) were saturated injectors, and which years were peak + hold?

Same for the ford ones. I've got a 94 cherokee and wouldnt mind swapping mine out.

x2 mine is a 93 and wouldn't mind swapping, just not sure what ones to use? are these a direct plug in? or do ya have to cut and splice the wires?

I'm not the most technically savvy person around, but I know enough to know that altering the injectors could bollox a piston, or you could overpressure the new injectors w/ a pump that's too strong.
I'd thought you only changed injectors when you added a header, or changed out the cam or something.
I have a '00 4.0 with one engine mod: a K&N air filter; and I'm trying to maximize fuel efficiency (w/o changing out my 3.55's). Are there any of these handy efficiency-improving injectors safe for the longevity of my motor? If so, which one/what's the NAPA part no?

these?
8335_1.JPG

I bought those.

Cody

Back